xisto Community
vujsa

Get The Most From Your Post Optimizing the number of hosting credits you get.

Just try it, you will see that useful posts give more credits than useless blah-blah.

This is especially true because the moderators do catch most of the spam, and garbage posts, and we are continually updating the tools we have to make it easier to deal with. And having a post (or even a block of text inside a post) will lose more credits than making the post earned in the first place.
~viz

That was a very interesting tutorial. It may help me out a little. It was almost a flawless tutorial besides the few word errors I seen at the beginning of the topic. (but I still understood it) I read the hole thing and I promise to try to do my best to make my posts and my topics more professional and clearer. It may take a while to work on it, but I'm sure I will soon get to that point. I have a small question though. So how does your points decrease? Lets just say for example I had fourteen credits and I leave for maybe a week or two. Would that take all my credits away? If not how many would I have left? Because I would really hate to create a nice website then soon after I get sick for about a week and my site gets deleted. All in all I think it was a really great tutorial. I learned a little bit today and I hope to keep learning more from this site. So that's why I have decided to stick around. I would also like to say thanks for that miniature html tutorial. I know it wasn't much, but it was more then I already knew. Maybe I will search around this site and try to find a complete tutorial. Well I tried to write a good post. I don't know how well I did. Maybe someone can tell me some things I did wrong. Unless this isn't the topic to discuss that in.Edit- This post got me 5 points. That's pretty good, but I bet your tutorial on how to post better got you like 200 points didn't it.

Edited by dropkicksidekick (see edit history)

So how does your points decrease?

Each day, one point less. One day you have ten points in your account. Five days later you have five days less.
The trick is, you should earn enough points (let's seay earn five points) in order to be able to stay several days in case of being too busy, or using a lot of time for writing correctly an interesting topic, with correct sentences and being easily readable and interesting enough to make people keep reading you.
What this topic says is that correctly written topics make you earn more credit than useless spam or blah-blah.

I agree with the entire tutorial ,the long posts also helps to make an impact for your point and the biggest problem when people write only for credits is that they cant go indepth about it,but once you post only to those topics which you like and have a knowledge about it ,there is no problem of writing big post there because you know about the topic and how far the particular topic goes,innseccary extending of post with smilies and all should also be avoided.the best tip is if you know the topic well you can write more about it or just learn to babble about stuff and you will get big posts

The system is automated. There is no little guy that sits around waiting for you to post so he can calculate your credits. :rolleyes:...

I have another question related to the Credit System. Is it possible that an staff member gives you additional credits if the content of the post (not only the number of words) is very good.

Lets say for example. If I write a post of 500 words so it will aprox. earn about 5.00 credits automatically by the system. An few hours or days after, an staff member reviews the article and says: "hey! what a great article! oh yes! it is really usefull!... it desires some extra credits!" and he gives me 3 or 4 extra credits.

Is that possible? or only the automated system will grade our posts and staff members just deal with bad posts?

Is it possible that an staff member gives you additional credits if the content of the post (not only the number of words) is very good.
Lets say for example. If I write a post of 500

This is already the case. If you post in the "tutorial" section, your post will be reviewed. You will immediately earn your credits, but your post will remain unvisible until it has been read by a moderator. Then, the moderator will appreciate your work, and of course will give you extra credits. But if the moderator decides that your post is purely spam or if he finds out that your post has been plagerized from somewhere else (including from your own website) you may have a very bad experience.

On 7/7/2006 at 11:26 PM, vujsa said:

The system is automated. There is no little guy that sits around waiting for you to post so he can calculate your credits. :unsure:The system reads the posts, ignores all text inside of quote and code tags, then counts the number of words remaining in the post.The number of words is then used in a calculation which determins the number of credits that you get. It is designed to be as fair as possible but still deter one line spammers from gaining much credit. Since very very small posts receive a less than normal amount of credits per word, this leads the spammer to decided, usually, that it is too much work to get hosted here. Sometimes the spammers just make more one line posts to get to 10 or 30 credits for hosting. It actually doesn't work since the staff deletes the posts which deduct more credits than was recieved to begin with.As far as the format of your post, I outlined an introduction, body, and conclusion system since it was the easiest to explain to everyone. The credit system doesn't care what your first three lines are as long as it is not in one of the excluded tags. It is up to the staff to determin if the post is actually written information or just a lot of random text (trash). Useful websites: download videos from everywhere instagram video downloaderThe three part post works best when trying to enhance a post the only has content because you can add the introduction and conclusion to it to boost the size.I don't have the exact formulas and numbers but here is a very basic explanation of the credit system exagerated:500 words = 5.00 credits;250 words = 2.50 credit;50 words = 0.45 credits;10 words = 0.04 credits;See how very small posts get so much fewer credits.If 500 words = 5.00 credits in the normal forums, then it gets 7.50 credits in the tutorial forum.If you post got 5.00 credits and is deleted by staff, then you lose 7.50 credits.If your 500 word post is edited to 600 words then your credits change from 5.00 to 6.00 credits.If your 500 word post is edited to 250 words then your credits change from 5.00 to 2.50 credits.If your 500 word post is moved from a normal forum to a non-credit forum, then you will lose 5.00 credits.If your 500 word post is moved from the tutorial forum to a non-credit forum, then you will lose 7.50 credits.Like I said, I don't know the exact figures used in the credit system and to make it easier to follow I used round numbers.As you can see, the system is pretty straight forward unless it has to deal with bad posts.I think this is the thirds version of the credit system that has been used here and this one is by far the best. Many of the credit adjustments it performs had to be done manually before this one. I'm glad to see that so many people have enjoyed this article.vujsa

Yeah.... wow, a long article too heh heh. Very thorough though I have to admit.It certainly looks like all of your'e posts are quite large, unrolling is what I would call it, just explaining a shorter thing in more detail or adding little bits and pieces that are relevant. :lol::lol:

Yeah.... wow, a long article too heh heh. Very thorough though I have to admit.It certainly looks like all of your'e posts are quite large, unrolling is what I would call it, just explaining a shorter thing in more detail or adding little bits and pieces that are relevant. 

This could be true. However, there are also moderators around here. And saying short things with a lot of useless words could also be seen as pure spam, and the correspond posts would be deleted.

So, the trick is simple : explain precisely what you want to say, using correct English sentences, the goal of the whole thing being to give information useful for other people around here.