xisto Community
pyost

Slave Hack A new browser-based MMORPG

On the Internet there are many browser-based MMORPGs (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games), and there are rather popular because you don't need anything beside a browser. However, most of these games are basicly army games - register, collect money, build an army and attack other players. Personally, I got bored of that system, and needed something where I would be in the role of a single person. That's when I found out about Slave Hack.

Most of you that are old hard core gamers probably remember Uplink, a simple but addictive game where you are a hacker fighting for his place among the best. The game required you to clear the logs, cover your tracks etc. That's exactly what Slave Hack is about, and it's a free browser-based game!

The game started 06/06/2006, and the admin had posted a small ad here at Xisto (http://forums.xisto.com/topic/90331-topic/?findpost=1064348851). The number of players slowly grew until it was posted on http://digg.com/. During a small period of time the number of players jumper from 500 to 5000. And it's not for nothing - the game really is good - and I know a lot of people from Xisto will agree with me on this one.

In this game, you start as an ordinary Internet user, with no programs whatsoever and an awful computer. That start would be very hard to cope with if there weren't some tutorials to get you going. On the game forums there are multiple manuals created to help new players get started. Also, you can't get hacked in the first 60 minutes of the game, because you are in the "newbie protection". But after that, be prepared to have all your files deleted.

Most players don't delete logs in the beginning, and that's the biggest mistake. Everything you do is logged - one wrong step and all your files are deleted. After that happens for a few times, everyone will learn their lesson, reset their IP and start over.

There are two things you should worry about all the time - money and hacking. Money is gathered by installing spam and warez virii on other computers (NPCs and real players) and sending "advertising" mail or warez files. As long as the slave, how the computer you are using is called in the game, doesn't change its IP address, you are accumulating profit. In order to really earn that money, you need to collect profit. Again, it the slave restarts its IP, you lose all you have earned. The money you collect is kept in banks, and that's another weak point. Banks have their logs where everything is recorded. If someone finds out your bank account number, say goodbye to all the cash.

Another thing you can do is DDoSing. Basically, it's making a target computer "overheat". You do not gain any money, but the target becomes crippled and open for any attacks. Therefore, you get a hacking chance, reputation and pleasure.

As I already said, the computer you start with as absolutely awful, so you must upgrade it as soon as possible. You can do so for you CPU, modem and hard drive. All the upgrades are very expensive, so you must save a lot of money, but the improvements are vast.

There is so much more that can be said about this game, but it would take a lot of time to write it. The right thing to do now is go to http://www.slavehack.com/, register and play! However, if you need more information, feel free to visit my blog dedicated to Slave Hack. There you will find various explanations and it can be very useful. It is located here.

Since I am addicted to this game, I'll give it 11/10 on the mark sheet :(

http://www.slavehack.com/

Well, I was one of the first 50 players of this game after I saw it's announcement topic, and I was like, "Yay! Finally a game I might be good at because I'm one of the first players!"...That didn't work out. :(Everyone kept stealing all my cash and using me for spamming and I really didn't know what to do, but after I saw this thread I decided to pick up the game again, and here I am! Now I'm playing it smart - always deleting my logs, and I'm already half way towards the next CPU upgrade, which should probably make my gaming way faster. I hope it'll also eliminate those times that while I'm waiting hours to update logs, people already find my IP. :(

I tried this game out, after a day I had my cpu upgraded, bandwidth upgraded, firewalled, had my waterfalls, AV, ect... I've lost interest in it, but those who find it entertaining keep with it, I'm sure its a good game, just not my type.

It's waterWALLs not FALLs :( Anyhow, it must have been boring to you because it was too easy in the beginning. Now when there are more players, certain bugs fixed (such as download/upload times), it is much more demanding and dangerous. You can get hacked any time! The current software version is 2.0, but I guess we will see 2.5 quite soon, since a lot of players have acquired 2.0.

Good game, I got many stuff, but later I found that the computers got 4 bit security :unsure: . This is what I wrote on the other topic for SlaveHack:

GREAT GAME!!! I played for ages and hacked half the stuff there. Hope you have fun developing it and I know it's going to be sucessfull! Never played UPLINK but this game is really addictive and interesting! Thanks for making this game!
~souradipm

And it is a really good game and if you haven't signed up I reccomend you do so!

~souradipm