xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
thaiddr

Need Help About CMS And Forum Creation

1.I want to install these kind of forum,what should I perform and install-phpbb-invision2.CMS--I want to install mkPortal to my site, how can i install it?*http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ -- you can download mkPortal here.thanx :(

I don't get it. Do you want to install all the above 3 softwares? Anyways... usually advice for instalilng these types of programs can be found in the README file inside the program's zip file (I know phpBB is like that), and the installation is usually quite easy.

Edited by seec77 (see edit history)

If you want phpBB it is free but if you want IPB or Invision you have to outright buy it or lease it from year to year. They are both easy to install, all you really need to be able to do is create a database, and then follow instructions which as seec77 said there should be a README file or install.txt file somewhere in the downloaded zip.

A CMS (Content Management System) may or may not include forum software. PHP-Nuke comes with phpBB2, and to installl it wyou need to be able to create a database and then populate it usually with phpMyAdmin. You might want to go ahead and try A CMS or one of the forums and if hosted here at Xisto, you can intall it by going to the cPanel and just clicking the software and it will be installed for you, then all you need to do is set up your forums or CMS.

I use mkportal on one of my sites, and it does not come with any forum software included. Infact, it won't even install without a forum already up and running. I reccomend installing phpbb, and then if you like it set up mkportal. In my opinion, you're not going to get a better CMS that mkportal. If you need any more help with setting it up i would be happy to help. :unsure:

You know, I would have suggested for you to go with Drupal, but I resist myself from doing so now cause you have a requirement of going for a forum software too. The forum integration of phpBB with Drupal is said to be a nightmare and there are a lot of grumble thread going on at Drupal.org. So, stay clear from Drupal. (Meanwhile, I am looking on tweaking Drupal's inbuilt forum).I would say, you should go on with Houdini's advice and install PHPNuke, that comes with a phpBB installaiton. I belive, it already has the user integration, and it wont be a effort at all.