xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Photoshop Text Effect A photoshop text effect i found and thought was kool

Ok, well the other day i was making a video *dont ask why* and for the intro i wanted some pretty cool font, and font effects and so i experamented with Photoshop for a while until i came up with somthing i liked and i liked what i came up with so i think imma share it with people :(

First off i used the font Angryblue

Available for download Here for PC's and Here For Mac's

Now lets start off by getting a new or existing image, for existing image just open an existing image and for a new one go to file--->New and select the dimensions, for this i used 504x360 Pixels

Posted Image

Next, i filled in the background with black usig the Paint Bucket tool (just hit G)

Posted Image

Then i selected the text tool (or just hit T) and put in text, in my case i put in Cool Photoshop Effects and made it pretty big. and made the font white so it can be seen

Posted Image

next you right click on the text layour and select blending options

Posted Image

Now that you are in blending options, on the left hand side look for Iner Shadow, click on it so the checkbox is checked

Then go to Outer Glow check the box next to the name, and choose a color the default is yellow, but i changed it to red because i like that color

Next, go to Inner Glow check the box next to the name, then once again change the default yellow color to a different color, i think it looks better when it is the same color as the Outer Glow. click Ok in the upper right corner, and you are back to your image and it is done.

now with that being said, you are done..........

Posted Image

you can also use other fonts, but i liked that one best, here are a few others using the same effect, you can also change to color of the background, and text color i believe i havent really tried it out, but i might and post it later...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Big_Red2009 (see edit history)

Its okay. Not the best, sorry. Seen way better tutorials. That kind of effect is easy, however some people may not know about it. Its good information. Thanks for sharing it with us-Kyle