xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lonebyrd

Problem With Xammp And Deleting Temp Files

I have a problem with Xammp and don't know if anyone here can help me out. The people at the Xammp forum arent very helpful, but I got a little info out of them. My Xammp worked at first when I went to localhost/xammp, but then for some reason, it didn't. Come to find out, it is because something was deleting it's temp files, least that's what they say at Xammp's forum. I run a program called Clean-Up! that gets rid of cookies and temp files and such, but there is no way to configure it to not get rid of Xammps files. But I was wondering something. I went to windows start menu, system tools, and disk clean up, and there it has an option for 'Web Client/ Publisher Temporary Files'. Does anyone know if this is what I should be keeping for Xammp and getting rid of the regular temporary files? I'm getting very frustrated that every time I try to clean up my computer I lose access to Xammp!

I am not sure but cleaning up temp files are those files that are in the Windows temp folder, it should have nothing to do with PHPs temp files which are in the c:\Program Files\xamppp\tmp folder unless you created another one and then redifined where you put it in the php.ini file. It just hold stuff like session cookies and what not and might only have two or three files. Usuall it will destroy files when they are no longer needed.

The temp folder in the c:\WINDOWS\Temp however has all kinds of stuff and is used when you install programs and doesn't necessarily clean them up just look in there and you will see what I mean.

You might need to uninstall and reinstall your xampp install cause it sounds like there is some file corruntion or configuration maladies. When reinstalling just accept the defaults as the install goes about its thing.

Hey it's easy that u will just uninstal the XAmPP and reinstall it,it will start working right again and also i dont think just deleting the temp folder can cause prob with xamp