xisto Community
Vyoma

A Particular Royalty Free Image Required splat

I want to go about designing a template from scratch for my blog, Splat!But, for that, I would like to have some royalty free images having just that: Splat! Preferebly a single coloured splat, and more specifically a black or blue coloured splat on a uniform background. It need to be a photograph - now that I think about it, it would be good if I had a digitally created splat.I tried searching for the image in various royalty free website, but could not find. I woudl be grateful if someone could search for such a image.I have been talking about getting a royalty free image because I do not have funds to pay for such images, and I belive there should be images of splat floating around in some stock images. Thanks in advance!

Sorry, but my English is rather poor.I could eventually provide you with a free photograph, as a matter of advertisement because my photos are not well-known yet.However ... could you tell me what is a "splat" ? Is it a fruit (like an apple) ? Or is it a car ? Or is it a person suddenly falling on the floor ?

Sorry, but my English is rather poor.I could eventually provide you with a free photograph, as a matter of advertisement because my photos are not well-known yet.
However ... could you tell me what is a "splat" ? Is it a fruit (like an apple) ? Or is it a car ? Or is it a person suddenly falling on the floor ?

or is it some part of a chair? or what? I could help you also with a photo, but I really have no clue what the heck is "splat"... :(

Splat is just a gooey or dye containing liquid getting impacted on a generally flat surface. It usually creates a random pattern. For example, when a drop of ink is dropped on a sheet of white paper it creates a splat-pattern.I am looking out for such splat pattern, that has a preferablly very low number of splatter-excrusions, with a black or blue on white background. This, I would attempt to use with the template I am designing for my blog, called 'Splat!'.

Splat is just a gooey or dye containing liquid getting impacted on a generally flat surface. It usually creates a random pattern. For example, when a drop of ink is dropped on a sheet of white paper it creates a splat-pattern.
I am looking out for such splat pattern, that has a preferablly very low number of splatter-excrusions, with a black or blue on white background. This, I would attempt to use with the template I am designing for my blog, called 'Splat!'.

I looked through a whole bunch of professional sites that I normally utilize for images, royalty free, and I realized how difficult your search actually must have been. I've been using paid for and free images for various uses, since I'm in media, do a whole bunch of images searches as a normal part of my work, I was really surprized at the low number of free to use, quality images for splat. (I also looked through paint, drop, splash, smear etc...).

What I really would suggest you do is create the splat yourself. The freeware that I use for image manupulation is called GIMP and you can get it from here (for Windows). What you do is create a sort of random area that looks like your version of a splat and then fill it with some colour. Next, to give it some depth, you need to right click and then click on a distortion option. Experement a bit till you get what you're happy with. After that you're better off to making a copy of the layer you were working on and then making an emboss distortion of the lower layer; and , making the upper layer slightly transparent. This will give the image a very 3D look. Finally save in the format of your choice (GIMP supports a great many formats). If you need help on this, PM me. All the best

pyost, thanks for that link. I may be able to use one of them. As a matter of fact, is the one you put up there royalty free? That almost matches the kind of image I want. If it were royalty free, I would take it and change the colour and use it in the design.

kaputnik, what you say is true. I found it real hard to actully search for a 'splat' image. I do not wish to spend money on buying stock images, since, I am not a professinal designer. I wanted to just do a CSS design for my blog called, Splat! and hence I was on the hunt for the image. Thanks for those pointers on how to make it look realastic, but I actually want a flat or 2d or shadow kind of splat image.

Initially, I too thought of whipping out a splat out of a image editor. But after some of the out-comes, it realized that it did not carry that physical element in how the sputters came out. Thus, I went for a hunt on the images out there in the royalty free stock.

So, pyost, is that image royalty free?

What about that one ? Is it enough black, anough 3D, and anough uniform background ? At least it's Royalty free !

Posted Image

I like the moire effect, due to the coffee/water separation during the impact.

Regards

Yordan

Or maybe you prefer that one, more black image on white background ? If you look carefully you will see it very similar to the previous one.

Posted Image

(double-click on the thumbnail if you want to download the full size image)

Still Royalty Free, it's my own graphic art and if you want it I offer it.

Regards

Yordan

I've learned now, what "splat" is :( anyway, why don't you just use some kind of ink and 'splat' it on paper :( then wait until it's dry, run it into scanner or shot it with digital camera, little editing in photoshop or gimp, and voila! you have your own splat then... ;):P

Edited by finaldesign (see edit history)

I seem to find it near impossible to find relevant images to what I am looking for at the time that are actually royalty-free. I would be very interested to know what the best websites are for picking up such images or if anyone has any tips and techniques to share in aid of this search. Thanks in advance.

So, Vyoma, don't you like the nice splat I designed especially for you ?The black one on the white background ?
Yordan

Wow, wow, wow! Thanks Yordan. I picked up the black and white one, and I am keeping it aside. Hopefully, I can use that as I design a template for my blog. Sorry for not replying earlier. My work had gone a bit hetic and I could not find time to log on.