xisto Community
Omkar™

Urgent Help Required: 123Flash Chat Installation 123Flash Chat Installation

I have planned to install 123Flash Chat on my website.

123 Flash Chat server software is full-featured& high-performance Java chat server plus stunning Flash chat client!

It's a fast, easy and affordable solution to host and manage real-time communication.

123 Flash Chat Server Software allows you to organize chat-events, collaborative work sessions or online meetings. It brings you high-performance and rock solid stability with fast and easy installation on all major operating systems.

123 Flash Chat Server Software can integrate existing database of forum or website. It's fully-customizable to admin and end-user.

123 Flash Chat Server Software includes plain text chat and video chat , webcam chat.

Easy to install ! Even if you haven't any experience in java and flash, you can install 123 flash chat server software in minutes!

Well, I downloaded the free chat server software (demo) and uploaded it to my site in the root "public_html" folder.

Their website says that it can be integrated into an existing phpBB forum. So I downloaded the module for phpBB and am trying to configure it.

I desperately need help on configuring the server software and integrating it into my phpBB forum. Their manual/documentation is around 300kb (pdf format) and is utterly confusing. I simply cannot get it to work on my server!

Another thing - their configuration asks for the URL of an existing MySQL Database, please tell me where I can find this URL (never heard of an URL for a database)

Another thing - their configuration asks for the URL of an existing MySQL Database, please tell me where I can find this URL (never heard of an URL for a database)

well is it something like this

databaseusername:databasepassword@databasehost/databasename

yourdatabaseusername -> your user account for the database
databasepassword -> the password for that user

databasehost -> i guess it is localhost here
databasename -> the name of the database
canbe Omar_databasename

--
correct me if i am wrong..

Some Admin please guide me through the installation of 123 Flash Chat, and before that, answer the basic question - CAN I install 123 Flash Chat on my website?

Well, Vhortex, you information was useful, and it solved one of my bugs, but I need a lot more help in here!

Some Admin please guide me through the installation of 123 Flash Chat, and before that, answer the basic question - CAN I install 123 Flash Chat on my website?

Well, Vhortex, you information was useful, and it solved one of my bugs, but I need a lot more help in here!

no problem.. nice that i have help.

i am not very sure with that chat server..

i see if i can find out more..

miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG is online as of now. maybe you can send hima private message or sumthin.

Attach the documentation pdf file here (ZIP it up first). Let me read it and see if I can figure it out.
Regards,
m^e

i have check it out.. it needs you to install a chat server that needs the port 35555 open.
it uses java and flash. flash base system for the front end chat client and java for the backend.

it have lots of jars..

--

i guess that one thing needed here is an SSH access to install the software or maybe a telnet..

here is the manual.. i still have not read it yet.. just tried the software a while ago..

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

cant get my compressor software to work.. maybe i need to reboot now..

--