xisto Community

I'm guessing that the Ubuntu installer is capable of repartitioning NTFS drives, but the problem is that you probably have to install the NTFS drivers for such capabilities - which is impossible for me because I don't have an internet connection, and to get an internet connection I need to find a USB drive, which I can't seem to do. :(

Nope, I've never had to make any modifications to partitioning devices in order to partition NTFS drives. In the livecd, in order to BROWSE the ntfs drives you would need the ntfs drivers or whatnot, but you shouldn't need them just to modify the existing partitions...Thinking back, however, I'm not sure if the ubuntu partitioner will let you shrink partitions... it should but I didn't try it. If you can get your hand on a partitioning tool like partition magic, its really useful whenever performing anything like this. I'm sure there are other programs or even live cds with partitioning utils on them if you searched around a bit.

Well, I tried, and I couldn't find anything to fit my needs. Have you got an idea for me? I would be eternally greatful if you did. :( Ubuntu doesn't seem to be working for me...

He likes Ubuntu he's just having issues partitioning his HD... :( Hopefully someone will see this that has gotten past similar problems lol, I've just never had any issues with it so wouldn't know... and I always just use partition magic anyways now...

Best of the best for Ubuntu is the free cd ordering you can do through thier website https://www.ubuntu.com/ where you can create your LaunchPad ID through this link: https://launchpad.net/+login?origin=shipit-ubuntu, which will redirect you again after that to shipIt page to continue your request, you can request up to 10 CDs for free.

Ofcourse i agree completely with Jeigh, it's the best Linux distro for people who didn't taste linux before, the easiest while having all linux applications and features, at the same time, it's not microsoft doors like :unsure: and i think doors is a better name for it, because these wholes can't be called just windows :D

anyway, i used to use ubuntu breezy, as i can't still setup the new release because i'm away from my lovely laptop which have linux on, working on these microsoft caves ;) workstations till i get back to my lovely pc.

I just recieved my ordered Cd's Yesterday, they are so coooool, i am waiting for forex market to go into weekend vaccation "in 10 hours and 40 minutes" to install it, i can't wait for it :D

Ubuntu Rocks