xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jerry

Red Rain - Alien Blood Cells ? Alien Blood Cells, or something Earthly?

what does matter is what created life? till now there has not been found any conclusive theory on what lies between a complex protein cell and a living cell that consumes and reproduces... religion calls it soul... let's see what science has got to call it.

In principle, I agree that there will never be conclusive DATA regarding the creation of life here on our rock. (no such thing as conclusive theory.. it's an oxymoron). Even if I could show you a soup of lifeless nothing, put it in my special microwave, and show you that the same solution now harbors life: that itself would not be conclusive data of how life came about. That experiment just demonstrates how life COULD have occured, not how it actually did. And, as responsible humans, one should demand that we pursue scientific endeavors that help us figure out the most basic question of life. But why be so demanding for proof of life in science, and be so complacent in demanding proof in religion? that faith thing must be much more powerful than my science fiction microwave...

hmm this is a VERY interesting topic and you will have to keep me updated on this subject. In Biology Class we just learned about DNA and RNA and viruses are composed of either DNA or RNA. Just a lil fact if u didnt already know it but AIDs is so hard to cure because the viruses mutates constantly and it is difficult to get a vaccine for it.

I don't discount the fact if it is for real, that the cells in concern do not have DNA. If they don't, than there is a serious bit of concern for the microboilogists of the world.

I don't know where the cells in the bottle have been collected from. But I do have a theory about the red rain. As soon as I read the article I was reminded of a Clive Cussler book called Sahara. In that book there is a situation which threatens world oxygen supply because of the rapid proliferation of little microbial phytoplankton called dinoflagellates. These creatures cause the sea to turn blood red and the phenomenon is observed across the globe where there is warm sea water.

Now, you may have heared stories about fishes falling from the sky, when there are strong winds that cause massive updrafts along the sea's surface. Such winds may cause entire sheets of sea water to be lifted up into the atmosphere and mix with rain bearing cloud formations. Quite naturally, any rain falling from a clowd that has picked up large amounts of dinoflagellates would be absolutely blood red.

Back to the question of aliens. Every 10 years of so, there seems to be some sort of outbreak of severely viral attacks. Sometimes its on humans and very often such attacks affect the wildstock (like the very recent outbreak of birdflu). My contention is that such outbreaks may infact be causes by viruses/ bacteria that undergoes rapid genetic modifications when they travel into the upper atmosphere and are bombarded by redioactivity from space. Also, there is the definate possibility of tiny cellular creatures that travel through space and come into contact with the earth's atmosphere, wherefrom after a while they settle onto the planet's surface where they may or may not cause harmful effects on the life here.

Upon closer reading of the original article for this post, the microbiologists do claim that a preliminary test does come up positive for DNA. That is not to say that cells lacking DNA are incapable of reproduction. Last I heard, red blood cells lack a nucleus alltogether; i.e. no nucleic acids floating around those bags of oxygen. They are able to reproduce, per se, through a pluripotent stem cell ancestor that resides in your bone marrow. Not many of these cells, but their job is to continue to divide and replenish dead/dying red/white blood cells and platelets. Just because they have not found overwhelming DNA does not mean that this population of red microbes do not follow a similar strategy of reproduction; that there is a minor population within the larger group that is responsible for all the cell division. Nothing at all alien about this way of life. Interesting article though, and thanks for the post.