xisto Community
iGuest

The Importance Of Limiting Bandwidth ... a theory and a question.

Bandwidth Limitation

The Importance Of Limiting Bandwidth ...

My dsl provider have given me 128 kbit/s bandwidth and they don't give more bandwidth to me because of restriction of internet speed that exist in Iran and it's filterings.As anyone know it's so unfair so Is there any software that I bypass my adsl provider limited bandwidth and take it to mbit/s?

-reply by Mohammad

using a software to give your speed a boost is possible but it won't be a significant change. it may mostly increase by 10-15kbps that's all. only your isp has the power to increase/decrease your bandwidth and the control to "choke" your bandwidth at 128kbits/sec lies with the isp. i don't know if this is the same in all countries but at least at my isp i saw that the bandwidth choke can be increased or decreased at their will and they can do so instantly on request. i wanted to get unlimited traffic and that meant changing to a lower bandwidth, and the folks at the office did it in a second! so try contacting your isp and see if there are better plans available with them.