xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainRon

Can You Maintain An Additional Astahost Account?

To make it short - no. You can't even have one at Xisto and one at Xisto. It's just agains the rules. Or so I think :D

ohh... i dont need one though, since my b/w and disk space as it is isn't used much.a friend of mine was wondering.well in any case what if he gets on account and then carves a totally new online identity (even with ip addr and using multiple winxp acc to avoid cookies) and then signs up for another account? it will be real hard to catch one such miscreant...

Well obviously if someone goes through that much trouble to create and maintain two accounts and does so in a way that he can't be caught...then he wouldn't be caught. If we are notified however both accounts would be suspended.You CAN have subdomains and therefor multiple websites on your hosting account, but the limits for storage and bandwidth still remain the same.

My mom used to always cite this one very old adage - "Churi bidya boro bidya, jodi na poro dhora".. which in short translates to.. Even thievery can be the king of skills, if you aren't caught at it. I mean that was almost a literal translation and doesn't quite retain the essence of the original saying, but yeah - you'll get the gist.If someone goes through the pain of making unique posts in two different accounts and gets approved without being detected despite the wide range of tools we have.. well I'll say it's well worth it as long as it lasts :P But as pointed up, if one if caught sooner or later - both accounts get cancelled. Keep in mind, there are tools within the IPB itself to detect multiple accounts coming from the same IP or IP-Block. Admittedly two members might be sharing the same ISP or be even in the same household (siblings) .. but then the writing style in posts does give away a lot :D

"Churi bidya boro bidya, jodi na poro dhora"you didnt need to translate that for me ;-)well m^e, a person who actually takes all the pain trying to fool a community, himself quite aware of how these IPB like forum tools work. I think rather some customized tools for usage patterns recognition can be developed. You can't simply ban a IP or IP family, but yes you can track people logging in from the same IP family. That's usually rare since not a lot of people are nerd enough to get online to a webhosting community from the same neighbour hood.I think special tracking tools can be written which check the time of the day a person logs in to a account. Usually if a person is free after 9 pm, so usually he will log into first account on one day and the second on another day. That means he alternates two ID's. Also its possible that after logging into one account, he logs out, and after a few hours he logs back into second.Such patterns can be observed over days and then once u zero in on a suspect, you can check his writing style etc. Anyhow how many such cases have been spotlighted in the history of Xisto?

Hey my teacher said that to me once while i got caught copying for multiplication Tables ... (This was long B4 .. :D) lol ... After that every time i try to copy .. i get caught and then I say :"Agar Kismat hain Pandu, toh Kya Karega Ga..." :P .. I would leave the translation to anyone who could explain it better. But i guess some people do carry the potential to get away with somthing like this. I dont see a point in doing that here anyways, 2 hostings for what ? 2 sites .. one asta site linked to another in a fishy was could always be caught. RegardsDhanesh.

ah... well two accounts for two different hostings dude. although asta lets u have add on domains so i dont think there will be a point in doing that, but maybe some one is running short on bandwidth. Well, incase someone's site is that popular that he is running short on b/w, i think he is better of buyin webhosting with the money he generates.as for talking of potential, this friend of mine had two accounts on Aboho.com (ofcourse thru unfair means) and invented some innovative load sharing mechanism for distributing visitors to his two accounts... (it's not tough to do, but its innovative to figure out such a load sharing mechanism.)