xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tansqrx

Messenger Stealth Settings Bug?

I have been having problems with my stealth setting for about a week now. Apparently when I have all users set to invisible it works fine. Also when I go available everything appears to work fine. The problems is when I set a custom message all of a sudden the users that I have individually set to offline can see me. I have not been able to reproduce the results myself but it is starting to become a problem as people that I would rather not talk to IM me now. Anyone else run into this? Is this another bug?

I have been having problems with my stealth setting for about a week now. Apparently when I have all users set to invisible it works fine. Also when I go available everything appears to work fine. The problems is when I set a custom message all of a sudden the users that I have individually set to offline can see me. I have not been able to reproduce the results myself but it is starting to become a problem as people that I would rather not talk to IM me now. Anyone else run into this? Is this another bug?

I've had this same problem. It got so bad (I have 50+ people as contacts) that I have scrapped using Messenger all together when I'm online for short periods of time, or extremely busy, because otherwise I end up with about a dozen people all wanting to talk to me at the same time. That's what comes from having triplets I suppose...

Either that or I sign in as offline and then contact anyone I need to without letting everybody know I'm online. Unfortunately, this was always so in messenger, and I'm not sure there's anyway round it.

Sorry I couldn't help more, but at least you know you're not the only one with this problem. :D

Rebecca x :P