xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainRon

How Much Do Certifications Like RHCE/CCNA etc. Help In Your Country? What are the job prospects?

Hi,Since the company with which I will start my first work, will allow me to get certifications for free (provided i clear them) so I plan to get as many of them as I can.Some of the ones which I am looking for:MCSDRHCECCNAMCADNow what I want to know is that how much would these help me to get a job abroad? Basically after a work ex of one year i plan to move to US/UK/Aus (or wherever I get a good college) for a MBA degree. Although I have an engineering degree but people tell me its always better to carry certifications because they allow you to prove yourself in 'their' language. e.g. they wud have to research on my engg university to be sure that i come from a reputed and legitimate one. And if there is anyone along with you who is applying and who has US certifications wud get a job preference over you. So for that reasons its quite benificial to have these certifications. So anyone of you here have done any of these? Do tell me the prospects you have after doing them.And please do mention how good they are in your country (not just the three mentioned above).

Well in the US MCSD RHCE CCNA MCAD Certifications are a good way to get into a job. Most companies in the States like to have their perspective Employees have these certs as-well-as a degree.People with both the degree and certs will get interviewed before those with only one or the other. However as far as a degree from a foriegn country goes, it just depends on how well known it is.Hope that helped.

I'm sorry for my ignorance but please can anyone tell in detail about these certificates?

Thanx a lot Logan Deathbringeruh one more question that i have is, what type of part time jobs can i seek having the certifications and degree with me (which is from a nationally accredited university in India plus if i am not wrong, has international accredition too). and in what pay range?Unitechy, MCSD/MCAD is Microsoft Certified Software/Application Developer, CCNA is Cisco Certified Network Associate and RHCE is Red Hat certified Engineer.As is evident they provide certifications in their respective domains. Its always a good add on to have them after engineering.

I'm sorry for my ignorance but please can anyone tell in detail about these certificates?

The best way to find out any real details about these certificates would be to google them. To truely explain what they are I would just do the research then quote whats already been put up on the web about it.

Thanx a lot Logan Deathbringeruh one more question that i have is, what type of part time jobs can i seek having the certifications and degree with me (which is from a nationally accredited university in India plus if i am not wrong, has international accredition too). and in what pay range?

Unitechy, MCSD/MCAD is Microsoft Certified Software/Application Developer, CCNA is Cisco Certified Network Associate and RHCE is Red Hat certified Engineer.
As is evident they provide certifications in their respective domains. Its always a good add on to have them after engineering.

You could probably get a part time job at a help desk or working for a computer/network support company. There are lots of possibilities. It just depends on what part of the country your in and what the local economy can support or needs.

Not a problem always happy to help out. Just wish I could have given more pointed information but without being able to research a specific area I had to leave the answer very vague. The best Idea would be to decide what type of work you want to do, then research the types of Certifications that would help you get into the business.The first step I would take would be to go around to the local companies that do the computer work, find out what they require as to be hired by them, then look into the types of degrees/certs/experiance they want you to have. After that look into what it takes to get whats needed, then go back to one that you would like to work for, and see if there is a way that you could possibly work for them, in a entry lvl position, so as to possibly take advantage of any education assistance that they offer, and get to know the people that you will be working with and learn from them.By doing this you will show that not only are you willing to start at the "ground floor" but your also dedicated and really wanting to learn. Now not all companies will let you do this but you might luck out and find one that will and help you get started on the path you want to be on. Also by doing this you might also discover that your original idea might not be exactly what you want to do and will help you make a more informed decision, thus helping you spending money and resources on a degree/certification that wont help you in your persute of a career you want.