xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Herbert1405241469

Hitman: Blood Money Demo and Tech problems, bah

Man, I've been waiting for this title to come out for 2 years now, and I finally got the demo last night, and it ran at 7 frames per second because there's some problems with certain video cards... My computer is more than well equiped to run this... ticks me off :D Game hasn't even been released yet, and it already needs some sort of patch, because there are tons of posts on the Hitmanforum.com's forum of people complaining of poor performance... while other people are saying it runs fine... So I dunno. The game looks sweet, but it ticks me off that PC users have to suffer because they made it more for Consoles than for us. :P Anyone else try the demo? Post your specs and whether or not you're having problems so maybe we can figure out a solution.2.4 ghz P41 gig DDR RAMATI Radeon x800 Pro (AGP)

Got a chance to try out the Demo finally. It seems to run super nice on my PC. I don'nt see much Next-Gen graphics options which is odd. But the gameplay has been imporved a bit.The game is a bit more context sensative, so doing certain things can only be done depending on the context around you. They did implement some stealth to it, and a neat close-quarters disarming move. So if you mess up and get spotted, you can quickly disarm an opponent and turn his own weapon against him now. It was neat, i pulled it off on accident. Im actually not a big fan of Hitman series, i fact i dontt hink i've ever finished a Hitman game. But this one seems more entertaining. I am considering getting the game.Liek i said the game runs very well with everything turned up to high.AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core +3800GeForce 7800 GT512 RAMWindows XP Pro SP2

Edited by Fonz (see edit history)

I've watched some trailers and I can say that the graphics have improved a lot. However, I hope it has better AI that the one Contracts has. The enemy would find you even when it was absolutely impossible! Also, Contracts had a confusing story, which is why my favourite part is the second one. I hope to buy the game as soon as I can.

Oh come on now, you people haven't played this game or what? Where's the feedback? :( I saw a review for this on G4 online and they hammered it, but they didn't mention any of the positive aspects or improvements they made from the previous Hitman games. If you're a fan of the others in the series, this is a must have. Blood Money is by far the best in the series, both graphically, and gameplay.The levels are immersive... The AI is still a bit ...meh, but it's still fun :( I wish they'd come out with some editors, either IOI or the modding community themselves, because there's so many things I wanna tweak that I just don't have the knowledge for... Like having 47's white suit throughout the entire game ;)

...Like having 47's white suit throughout the entire game

The white suit is cool, but it would ruin the style if 47 weared it throughout the game. besides: The black suit is totally "47". Blood Money was really cool. A bit short though, and I didn't like the ending that much. A bit lame in my opinion

Yeah, some people didn't know he could 'come back from the dead.'They did end up coming out with a texture editor, so my dreams came true, and I got to mod the textures..One thing I noticed is that the textures they use are awfully small in file size. If they had any sense, they'd work on imporiving texture quality... Max Payne texture maps were better quality than Hitman's and Hitman was released something around 4-5 years after the fact!A.I,Textures,Physics/RagdollsIf they could patch those up for the next game, I'd be happy. In the meantime, I'll play Portal ;)