xisto Community
BitShift

Weird MySQL Message

wenever i assign priviledges to a MySQL databases, it seems to work properly but this message is always there

bitshift_wforumu (Privileges: ALL PRIVILEGES)
Connection Strings
Perl $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:bitshift_wforum:localhost","bitshift_wforumu","<PASSWORD HERE>");
PHP $dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "bitshift_wforumu", "<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
mysql_select_db ("bitshift_wforum");

My database name is: bitshift_wforum
the username is: bitshift_wforumu

What does all that maen, it displays it anytime i grant priviledges on any mysql server to any user

note: i am new to all this MySQL stuff
Edited by BitShift (see edit history)

Ooh this isn't anything to worry about :D

Most likely you encounter this when you assign privileges through your cPanel MySQL DB Manager.

As you can see the section is titled Connection Strings - this simply shows you a few common command syntaxes with which you can connect to your freshly created/modified MySQL database.

If you notice carefully - there are two separate connection strings, that are displayed for your convenicne.

One in is PERL, which utilizes the DBI library that provides a uniform wrapper to connect to a wide variety of databases.

The second one is your standard PHP syntax for connection to MySQL...

I believe these are placed simply for your convenience and to give you an indication as to which direction to head for, if you start writing code with these two more popular web-scripting languages.

I believe these are placed simply for your convenience

And I feel these messages very convenient because once upon a time they helped me debugging my php program which had "almost" the correct connection string.

wenever i assign priviledges to a MySQL databases, it seems to work properly but this message is always thereMy database name is: bitshift_wforum
the username is: bitshift_wforumu
What does all that maen, it displays it anytime i grant priviledges on any mysql server to any user

note: i am new to all this MySQL stuff

Hi, maybe just try to name your database into something else, like "forum" and just make another database in that one, you can name it bitshift_wforum if you want to then...
I guess this could help, i never had problems with mysql trying to connect to my database...