xisto Community
BitShift

How To Run A Proxy On a Web-Server? How to make a proxy on website

Ok I built my website but does anyone know the actual proxy for a macBecause it all works fine except for the proxy I downloaded one and it was for windows aaaa... Are there any ones for mac-reply by some guy

ip address???

How To Run A Proxy On a Web-Server?

I don't get the notepad thingy when is the ip address supposed to come up I cant work it out lol ive never done this kind of thing b4 I'm not really a computer person I'm just sick of the school blocking EVERYTHING

Does anyone know how to set up a proxy on a website?
I want to set up a proxy on my web space, that i can access from anywhere, well mainly school since most websites are blocked at school.

I know there are a bunch of free ones, but i want my own so i can learn how it works and configure it.

and i want to be able to set up a global username and/or password to be able to use it

I strongly say do not use proxies on a web server no matter what the cause is. I know you care about people using it but it is also illegal too. people can also go to jail for making a proxy. people have been using proxies on my website and I don't like that much though. just because people use proxies, doesn't mean you have to make one. trust me it is illegal documents for people to know. I know a person that used to live with me and he owned a server at his own house and pays 23k a year running that server. ever since the cops found out, they took his house away, through his stuff outside and threw him in jail for who knows how long. I still have the web server here and we are keeping it for me till we have enough money to pay for the hookups but the police has the server IP and we have to blow the server away and replace it with new type files and other stuff as well. also we bought the server by the police because I wanted a server of my own and we are storing it now until later but we bought it for $300 (cheep) and we had it ever since about 7-9 years now. we don't know if we should take it out and test the system or leave it till later?

I wanna make a webiste for my own proxy just for me and my friend to use at school. I want it to where I can type in myspace or whatever and it will go straight to it, I don't like the notepad idea. So can someone please help me?Thanks.-reply by chelsie

runing proxy scriptHow To Run A Proxy On a Web-Server?

I use glype proxy script because it is easy customized and works for myspace, youtube and face book. If you need info how to configure it let me know,R

-reply by surfer

no matter what I try, I just can't get around my school's internet blocker! I am at my wit's end and I need to know how to make a proxy cause it's my final option. Does any one know how to make one? 

-reply by Ariele