xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
doctor

What Do You Think Of NanoRobots? What do you think about the application fields of nanorobots?

What can we do with nanorobots?What will be the advantages or disadvantages of these robots?What will the medical application fields of them?Can we get the answer of some diseases ?Or can we win the cancer?Or will they be used in biologic terrors(etc.)?Or will they be used by CIA,FBI,MIT.......?So, in shortly i wait your ideas about these questions. :P

Nanorobots is not a scientific term for what you are discussing. Nanobots (although it sounds more slang-like) is the correct term.

A nanobot is a nanotechnological robot nanomachine, also called a nanite, which is a mechanical or electromechanical device whose dimensions are measured in nanometres (millionths of a millimeter, or units of 10-9 meter).

Nanobots are just a part of nanotechnology.

Every task you can possibly think of, could be done by nanobots or any other form of nanotechnology. Even breathing, as the scale would be small enough to destroy the excess mucus that people with Systic Fibrosis suffer with.

Nanotechnology could even lead to the replication/rebuilding/regeneration of internal body organs.

An advantage of nanotechnology is the whole concept. A size so small, that what we believe to be nier impossible now, could soon be achievable.

Unfortunately, nanotechnology at a very detailed and complex level is still out of our manufacturing capabilities.

I've already outlined possible medical applications of nanobots, but DESTROYING viruses is something that scientists and physicians look forward to.

Cancer is a genetic problem. It is caused when a 'faulty' gene in the DNA causes cells to replicate at an uncontrollable speed. Therefore, we can't really 'win the cancer disease'. Mapping the human genome and developing 'cures' for mutations is currently happening, and the use of nanotechnology is not wholey required. Scientists and physicians use enzymes to take away a part of the chromosone containing the defective gene and insert a 'clean' one. The problem we have at the moment is that the human genome has not been completely mapped, nor has the enzymes that can perform that the tasks been obtained.

Nanotechnology could be used as a biological tool. For example, on Star Trek, the Borg use 'nanites' (a true word relating to nanotechnology) to changed the blood cells and cause manipulation of the mind and body tissues. Terrorists could use a similar process, which would involve a detenation of a device including the nanites which would infect the surrounding population. Such effects could be instant clotting of the blood to kill painfully or even as a mind control agent.

It is almost undeniable that government/federal agencies will employ certain spy tactics using nanotechnology to obtain information. They may even be doing it now. We shouldn't worry about this 'big brother' effect though. There are plenty of laws and human rights to defend us against such a change.

I hope I have answered your questions enough.

Remember, nanotechnology encompases all nano-related technology (duh). Nanorobots is not a word. Nanites means the same as Nanobots.

Reminds me of this movie "The Island" lol .. Nanotechnology was used to copy/scan the weak and strong signals in neuro cells and transmit them to a computer. In simple words, transmit a full length video of the persons past/recent memory.Tho its fairly possible that nanotechnology could be used at a far more wider area than just the human body. It still would take years and years to research. One other use of nanotechnology which i could think of is its use in hostage situations. smaller they are the tougher they are to see. I mean we could possibly think that a nanorobot could be sumday the size of a dust particle and all the cops need to do is send these through the vent in a room as they spread.But then again, every invention has its drawbacks and critisizm. Tho nanotechnology proves useful, it could be a threat to our privacy too. Well i guess we just have to wait and watch technology take its turn in years to come.RegardsDhanesh.

I believe the field of nanotechnology is still at the point where making atomic sized 'gears' is a feat of engineering. Having partially/fully automated automatons performing complex (heck even single) tasks is still beyond the horizon. As such, technologies such as nanotechnology (or even stem-cell) often are labelled as the panacea for all the problems of human kind. The hype is so large because it is as limitless as the imagination. Perhaps when this field matures, we will have a better grasp of what can be done with 'nanobots' at a pragmatic level. Maybe, just maybe, they could be inserted in the eye and be used as a dream camcorder.... Until then, keep funding (or support funding) on such endeavors. They are not just for movies. :P

All the people talks about nanotechnology for its application in medicine and other good things. But surely the main research for this technology is done for militar application field. I'm little scared about nanobots and its applications.

To be honest, there are many things in the biomedical industry which has its origins in the military. Particularly viral born vectors. One could argue, there are many every day items we have now that we can thank the military for having first developed. I'm not a pro-military person, but certainly, I am pro-anything that pushes any research forward. Having knowledge is not the same as being reckless with it.