xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
organicbmx

AOL Internet Acts Strange Without AOL Browser acts a bit strange

two of my friends have aol internet, dial up and broadband. and both of them normally get annoyed when i use firefox on their pcs. they normally use the aol one becasue it is 'faster'. i cant really cope becasue it is just so ugly is not a proper browser. but they seem to have a point on speed, firefox does seem to perform badly on their computers. it is far better on mine at home.is there some way in which the aol browser has some way of optimising for the internet. or slowing down ff. it annoys me as the aol browser is rubbish. as proved today when by friend couldnt see page even when he reloaded, some reason it just reloaded a cached page!

If I'm correct, AOL's browser is basically using the Internet Explorer engine. That is most likely the reason you see the "faster" speed when it loads up because it's one of the core components that load up with Windows.

With Firefox slowing down, is it slowing down when loading web pages or just when it's starting up? Could be that your friend has too many programs running at that time. Keep in mind that Firefox will probably be slower than IE anyway...although I heard of "tweaks" that can make Firefox launch just as quickly. Take a look at this site.

Try clearing the cache from time to time. It will help with the refresh issue if new content still won't load after a reload.

no its not the start up. it's the speed in the internet. i just find it strange as it is only on my friends with AOL that firefox doesnt work well. on everyone elses it is better than I.E.

I heard AIM has its own browser in the newest version. Wow, seems like everyone is starting a make in the browser buisiness. If only, all the competitors would just collaborate their ideas, and come up with a superior browser. Because now a days, we are stuck with beta browsers with bugs and exploits. And each and everyone has its unique features that make them good. Im hoping their is someone that can collaborate all the ideas into one. Hmmm, maybe google, haha...seems like they been developing all the superior stuff lately.