xisto Community
yordan

How To Create JPG Slideshows On DVD? Would like to create a slideshow readable on a DVD player

I would like to give my JPG pictores to somebody who has no PC.My aunt only has a standard DVD player (an old one, no DVD) connected to her TV.Is there an open-source or a freeware tool creating a slide-show from a set of JPG pictures and converting to DVD format so it can be watched on a standard stand-alone DVD connected to a TV ?Of course I tried using Windows Movie Maker but in only creates .wmv files which need a PC to be viewed.Any help would be appreciated.RegardsYordan

Since it's a DVD player it'll play CD's as well - why don't you burn them on CDs and give them to her ?? Or do you have such a large amount of pictures that you need a DVD to fit them on?

Anyway - here's a whole list of them specifically cut-out to make slideshows. Some are shareware, some freeware.. Take your pick:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

And in case you want to check out other pages, here's my Google Search results:
https://www.google.com/search?q=free+pictur:en-US:official

thanks a lot for the suggested link, miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG, Photo DVD wizard works fine, it does exactly what I want. I am just surprized that it does not want to add directly a whole buch of pictures, it stops at 65. So I will have to play around with menus, chaptes etc... which is the interesting part of life.

Since it's a DVD player it'll play CD's as well

You should be right. Unfortunately, most of standard DVD players cannot play JPG pictures, only the latest ones know how.Thanks a lot again, you were really fast with helping on my problem.
Yordan
Edited by yordan (see edit history)

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I hope it's not like the Microsoft one Photorecit environment, which creates a .mwv file which can be played only on a Crosoft-Compatible machine.I was also slightly disappointed with Photo DVD wizard, the "add a music" option seems not to work, and it created a DVD which is not readable... Edited by yordan (see edit history)

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I hope it's not like the Microsoft one Photorecit environment, which creates a .mwv file which can be played only on a Crosoft-Compatible machine.

no, i guess it's not. i tried another soft of that company (their video editor, presentavid) and it can publish your outputs in almost any popular formats (avi, wmv, mpeg, swf, flv, also can burn dvd). and that's why i'm sure that if it is written that it can publish in different formats, then it's true.
and also now i looked through their screenshots and i guess this one (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) shows that output format depends on codecs you have...

You might also want to try Ulead's DVD MovieFactory 5. Better off to use if you are the professional types that need clean sync. and editing before a slide show plus loads of transactions etc.

Regards

Dhanesh.