xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cherri

Web Hosting E-mail Help

I have a suggestion for you, cherri, until a Moderator or an Admin sends you the e-mail again ;). Why don't you simply Safe List or White List Xisto.com instead of turning the Spam detector off altogether?

This way you'll make sure that you receive any future e-mail from Xisto AND still get spam protection :P.

Cheers.

Edited by Transcendum (see edit history)

Activation mail resent.You might get 2 emails - the first one saying that you account has been cancelled and the second one - the real activation mail.This is because - to send you the mail again, I had to cancel the earlier token and send you a fresh one.

IT still ISN't working, please try my other e-mail address:p.meiring@iinet.net.auThe mail is dissapearing for unknown reasons.sorry if i'm bothering you so much....p.meiring@iinet.net.au :P thank you

We cannot send you to this new address, unless you set it as your default address for your own profile on this board. Whatever email your profile has - the hosting activation mail goes directly to that.

I tried changing your profile email address - but there's a conflict with another members profile - which contains the same email address.

The member's nick is Hollander, join date: 21/04/2006 and I'm assuming it's you who signed up with antoher nick.

Anyway - first you need to delete your other account (Hollander) and then set the p.meiring@iinet.net.au to your cherri account and then let me know. Only then I'll send the activation mail again..

*phew*I've gotten very shocked....When I change my e-mail address, Then when it asks for validation, I check mail and I click on the link, It says I dont need to validate, It's logged me out so when log in again i see I went negitive many pionts, my pionts went down -1234.14,I try the link again, it doesn't work since I already tried using it, I go to the forums and try for immediate help, I try to start a new topic, but the system blocks me from doing so. I go to contact admin and I write a message to opaque in my mail, I check my mail and it says mail failed to deliver, I move my mouse to my conrolls and I see resend validation E-mail. It has a problem so I try again and it works.... I also had problems with my old accounts password, but fixed that.... my hollander account is not working to well -1234.14 pionts or so and can't fix it, can you try to?It's ok nowI've got the pionts back so everything is ok.I've changed my E-mailPlease try it again.

Edited by cherri (see edit history)

YAY! I've got the E-mail and it works!I was really suprised and happy when I saw all these features in cpanel, I mean chatrooms, e-mail, forums, hotlinking protection.....I am defenatly going to post here, and going to upgrade my account. Good work Guys!!! :Psee next page

Edited by cherri (see edit history)

Plus now a I am hosted how do I know how many hosting pionts I have?

The same way you knew it BEFORE you got hosted :P. Simply go to the homepage of the forum, i.e. http://forums.xisto.com/index.php and you'll find it there.

I should have 20+ right?
I had 38 before I got my starter pack, -10 from the starter pack,so I have 28, then add the 20 to 10 to make the 30 for the other hosting pack.... right?

Although I couldn't understand exactly what you meant by that, there's a misconception here that I'd like to correct...

When you apply for a hosting package (either one, I think), not only enough points are deducted from you, but your point counter is RESET to 3 as well, regardless of how many points you had before you got your hosting package. This is necessary to make sure the point counter works correctly on countdown mode after you become hosted.

But if you're asking how many points you need in order to UPGRADE your hosting package, then I'm afraid I don't know ;). I'm sure someone will answer your question soon enough, though :P.

Cheers.

IT says something.something DAYS. so I dont know what is meant....

The something1.something2 days is the number of days your hosting account can stay alive, without you posting any further.

Something1 - stands for the integral part of the day - i.e. the number of WHOLE days (24hours) you've got left

Something2 - is the fractional amount left for the current day

If it shows something like 21.5 days - it means you've got 21 whole days left and a .5 part of a day more - which mean 21 and half days.

The fractional part after the decimal point gets calculated in realtime and the figure keeps decreasing everytime you reload the page.