Sign in to follow this  
giantsfanster

Macbook (new Intel Ibook) Tuesday?

I found this on MacRumors.com:

Macbooks Tuesday, May 9? [updatedx2]

Thursday May 04, 2006 08:08 PM EST

Posted by longofest

Mac Rumors

An unverified anonymous source claims that Apple stores are receiving materials for a new window display that's labeled "do not open until Tuesday, May 9th." The source also claims that Apple has directed its stores to push iBook sales this weekend, presumably to clear out inventory.

Recent rumors have pointed to the Macbook being released in May, but no specific date had been given.

Update: (Moved to Page 1) In addition to receiving further confirmation of more Apple Stores receiving materials for a Tuesday product release, http://www.apple.com/ipod/ looks like it is spilling the beans with a reference to the as-yet unreleased Macbook. In case the site is corrected, a screenshot is mirrored here (emphasis added in image).

Update 2: Some users are suggesting that the May 9th materials may simply be related to a Red Hot Chili Pepper's promotion previously announced by Apple. It also corresponds to the May 9th date.

WHAT DO YOU THINK???

Well...since xboxrulz says they're already out, I suppose this is beyond the "rumor" stage *grins*If anybody on this forum wants a non-Intel Mac laptop, I bet they can get a really sweet deal on them if they go shopping pretty soon. That or just wait until the new Intel version hits the shelves and look on eBay for the older type *smiles*

I think xbox was thining of the Macbook Pro (Intel based Powerbook) with the "Macbook" being the replacement for the iBook. I know they are supposed to be out before the new school year starts this fall. Still I'm not buying. I just purchased my friend's powerbook for $800 with new battery (1.25Ghz G4, 1GB Ram, Superdrive, Airport Extreme) because he wanted one of the new Macbook Pros. (ones of those "must have latest and greatest)However, still the bulk of the software I run is PPC based and until the Pro Apps get their ports and Lightwave has a Mactel port, there is no reason to spend the money. I figure that the $800 I spent will last me another 18 months at which time I'll see what the options are then. But for now I'm sticking with the PPC.(oh not to mention drivers for my video capture devices, scanners, etc...)