xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
heavensounds

Problems With Videos Within Games.. need some help..

I think that this is the most appropriate place in this forum to put this question...Well my friend told me that lately when he starts the game and there are those lil' movies at the beginning..they don't work normally but they "start and stop" so much that he can't even get in the game..(it was the worst with thief 3 where he was rarely able even to get in the game)....It looks as the problems are the biggest with games from EIDOS....On some other forum they said that maybe codecs are the problem, but i tried reinstalling it and it was the same and i also removed all the codecs (thought it could help) but it didn't...Well if someone has any idea pls help..

maybe a better video card is needed. would you know what specs your friend has for his gaming system? most built-in video cards (those included within the motherboard) and older video cards would yield problems like these, especially with newer games. best solution is to upgrade video card. maybe other options are available. just wait for some more replies here. :)

I can only think of those two things!!!It is either codec problem or some of the components on your friend's computer aren't fast enough to play those games.I just thought of another one:Maybe your friend has many, many games or programs installed on his computer, and that is what it?s slowing it down. Or maybe he has a lot of uninstalled now but previously installed games and programs and that is slowing it down. So if it isn't slowing down for the first two reasons, your friend will need to format his hard drive and install Windows again (I assume that it is windows since you are talking about games).

maybe a better video card is needed. would you know what specs your friend has for his gaming system? most built-in video cards (those included within the motherboard) and older video cards would yield problems like these, especially with newer games. best solution is to upgrade video card

[bold]note by serverph to stifmeister659:[/bold]if you are trying to cheat the system by copying post, don't copy from a moderator, and don't let that moderator catch you. ;) editing your copied post above and placing it in bbcodes, and your credits will be lessened.

Edited by serverph (see edit history)