xisto Community
circlemodeling

NOD32 vs. Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

I think that this is a typical question, and the answear will depend of the kind of user that you are. I agree that Kaspersky is maybe the best Antivirus on finding virus and protecting your PC, but the cost is to high, it uses to much resources. By the other side, you've got NOD32, which is the one I personaly use, and I can asure you that is not THAT good as kaspersky in finding viruses, but will be the best choice if you are an experienced user, and you're not a person that opens files with out discriminating which file can be dangerous for you. It's true that here we are talking about top noch Antivirus software, but as they are two diferent programms, there are diference between them.So after all I've said, is your choice now what to decide, if you want to waste more resources for a safe computer, or we well protected, with a concious mind?I hope this was useful, Greetings. :mellow:

kaspersky

NOD32 vs. Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

I've used kis 8, but before that I use first kis 7.0 its all good. But I don't know which is better between those. I think v8 is better than 7 because 8 is a latest/newer version but I noticed that v7 detect a virus without scanning unlike v8 that will not detect any viruses unless you scan.Pls tell me about your experience and help me to decide.Thanks

-reply by cloud

I prefer KASPERSKY.. It updates my virus database almost 3 times a day. You know why? because they monitored web network traffic so if there's a new virus they can easily detect it and update KAV or KIS virus database and I also experience NOD32 din't detect some malicious program or other script and autorun, Kaspersky is the best but sensitive because there's a time I used trainer for Overlord just for fun =) and kaspersky detects it as riskware that will inject some code to my game but off course it will because it will reverse the the game rules or code to cheat the game but it's not a virus so you are protected and it has proactive defense for your registry-reply by fcracker

I have used NOD32 for a very long time and I have had to format my hard drive due to viruses at least 4 times. I believe that since it is such a common application, hackers are so familiar with its weaknesses and holes that it is very vulnerable. I recently switched to Kaspersky and so far, I can't complain whatsoever. I do a virus scan every week and I have no infections. When I am on the web, Kaspersky will notify me of a hacker attempt and that it has been blocked :mellow:It makes me happy knowing that I can stop worrying about having to format my hard drive again!

Replying to LUKE6104People think they should use Kaspersky because KIS/KAV v6 - 7 is pretty good (KIS 8 not sure yet but has to be better) and NOD32 v2.0 - v2.7 had alots of problems and bad interface for beginner PC users. And NOD32 v3 100% beat Kaspersky v7 and for v8 we will see until NOD32 release a new version.I perfer NOD32

i use nod 32i also used kaspersky beforeand nod32 is damn good in speed and other shitsalthoug kaspersky virus engine is superiorkaspersky is damn slowBTW the hances any pc is actually infected with virus are about 15% they are generally infected with malware rootkits trojons and skyware **** not virus

I had both of the antiviruses and for me nod32 is better. Kaspersky is very limited and also is not giving enough protection, at least for me. When i had kaspersky my computer got virused like 3 times. I had to take it to repair shop. Now i have nod32 whit payed updates and never had a virus or security problems. But nod32 slows down your computer allot.I would vote for nod32.

I Prefere...NOD32 vs. Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

I recommend Kaspersky! I've had Nod32 for two years. Has been pretty good so far until...  And I'm Swedish as the program! So I'm not bias (Love Sweden and Swedish things generally). Suddenly a problem occured with my Internet. Nod32 didn't notice anything suspicious, though some other anti-spyware did but I couldn't get rid of the problem (sites on the I-net didn't work properly, google for instance, and so on...).

Tried Kaspersky after a few days and it found and destroyed the bad stuff. Wasn't easy, had to restart pc about 10 times during a time of 24 hours. But finaly Kaspersky had removed the malignant software  that Nod32 wouldn't even discover...  

-reply by Charlie

Difficult choice. Both are excellent antivirus systems. I have one installed on my laptop and the other installed on my home PC. I'm on the fence. Both PC's have remained virus free for years and both systems run great.NOD32 is perhaps not as user friendly as Kaspersky in terms of the interface but otherwise both are great systems.It really is up to personal preference I think.

In my experience..NOD32 vs. Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

I have already used a lot of AVs..

First I used Norton 360, then Norton 2009; the 360 really made my computer slow.. To think that I have already used the Quad Core. Then when I transfered to Norton 2009, it was lighter but the 360 was better in discovering the malwares, trojans, spywares, etc.. I was dissatisfied due to the slow processing, so I preceded into Kaspersky, and YES! I got all the trojans, worms, malwares, spywares, and other unknown viruses (new for me) BUT it takes too much RAM memory, I ended up hanging since the computer is so slow with Kaspersky. Well then, finally, I used NOD32 since I have read that it is the lightest AV. So I tried it, YES it was very light but the problem was the scanner, (of course, I USED THESE ANTIVIRUSES IN FULLY UPDATED STATES), when I used Bitdefender Total Security 2009 thereafter, I found a lot of viruses/malwares/trojans/whatever you call the other viruses/-wares.. Bitdefender was really good, organized, not deadlier than Kaspersky, not too light like NOD32.. But right now I am dissatisfied again since it takes a lot of time to scan out the network, the local hard drives, and the web.. T_T now I'm hanging as to what I should pick.. I hope I could get an AV that is very light yet having a great/good/sensitive scanner with light continuous updates..

Kaspersky is a system of loads, it always clean and put NOD32 especially for laptops. Sometimes NOD32 misses viruses and Kaspersky catch these viruses, and vice versa NOD32 selects what Kaspersky does not see. Kaspersky more untwisted name

I think thatNOD32 vs. Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

NOD32's robot is a bit creepy looking. It is still good but with KAV I never got infected for the last 2  and 1/2 years that I've been using it. When I had NOD32 I never got infected either BUT KAV in my opinion, is more convenient with all, possibly more even, of the features of NOD32 with it being more conveniently displayed.

-reply by goomba

eset or kaspersky?xp or vista + ressourcesNOD32 vs. Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

if you are more oriented system ressourses, and have a ram of 512 with windows vista, then try eset, else try Kaspersky; according to my experience if you have xp as OS and a risky interet activity than don' t take the risk of installing eset or norton, with xp kaspersky is the solution.

-reply by new bill gates

KAV IMHONOD32 vs. Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

I used KAV for years without a single virus problem, recently decided to give NOD32 a try on friends recommendation.  Now about a month later I'm currently reinstalling KAV to remove the viruses I have gotten while using NOD32.  KAV is my preferred choice over the two.

-reply by Cieno