xisto Community
circlemodeling

NOD32 vs. Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

which one is better? or other program use to kill virus please advice me.thanks you..

My experience with Kaspersky is limited, however I do prefer NOD32 as it is an efficient and fast running program. It tracks everything and deals with it in a non-obstrusive manner. It's design also ain't greedy on resources.

My experience with Kaspersky is limited, however I do prefer NOD32 as it is an efficient and fast running program. It tracks everything and deals with it in a non-obstrusive manner. It's design also ain't greedy on resources.

if i were you, i will choose kaspersky becouse its easy and faster :D

if i were you, i will choose kaspersky becouse its easy and faster :(

Faster ? Who notices a difference when it already runs that smooth and has much better options (mailing, very silent etc). Easy? It's not as if any of both are difficult to understand at all; one with the most convenient options "wins then".

What is more important however, is the effectiveness of the virusscanner.

Great code, and less updates necessary to feel secure :(

"NOD32 is the world leader of the Virus Bulletin 100% Awards"

https://www.eset.com/us/about/eset-advantage/

nonetheless, kaspersky is a good virus scanner.

I use kaspersky av with system mechanic and my pc running perfectl because KSP AV made by Russians and everyone knows Russian are best hackers :unsure:

I couldnt more agree, ksapersky and my favourite firewall Black Ice feets perfectly.

yeap ..i use kaspersky too with his own firewall in stealt mode + Peer Guardian2 ... PG2 is a freeware small program but powerfull ...can block adds and pinging your from universities companies etc :unsure:

I have no quarrel with those who recommend using NOD and use the on-line scanners, Kaspersky and Bit Defender.However, I have never found the on-line scanners to find anything. I used Bit Defender for over a year, and now KAV 6. I have decided it is a waste of time to run scans with another AV.So unless one is realy "hung-up" on using both get the one that runs well on your machine and that you have confidence in. I trialed both NOD 32 and KAV 6. NOD is a superb AV, but in the end I preferred KAV. Others reach a different conclusion.The KAV 6 PDM showed great detection rates on AV Comparatives. I prefer to keep malware off my machine than try to find it later. In addition while NOD heuristics were the best on that AVC test, I do not find 58% especially comforting.Have a good day. Whichever AV one decides upon will give great protection.

I have no quarrel with those who recommend using NOD and use the on-line scanners, Kaspersky and Bit Defender.However, I have never found the on-line scanners to find anything. I used Bit Defender for over a year, and now KAV 6. I have decided it is a waste of time to run scans with another AV.

So unless one is realy "hung-up" on using both get the one that runs well on your machine and that you have confidence in. I trialed both NOD 32 and KAV 6. NOD is a superb AV, but in the end I preferred KAV. Others reach a different conclusion.

The KAV 6 PDM showed great detection rates on AV Comparatives. I prefer to keep malware off my machine than try to find it later. In addition while NOD heuristics were the best on that AVC test, I do not find 58% especially comforting.

Have a good day. Whichever AV one decides upon will give great protection.

Richard Marko, ESET s chief software architect said:
"Authors of this test have compared the efficiency of proactive protection against unidentified or mutated infiltrations. The tested products were not updated for the period of three months.We achieved the best result in the test, but the real level and efficiency of our detention rate is even higher. Regulary updated heuristics is definitely more efficient when detecting new viruses than the three months old one".
Personally, I have proved Nod 2.5 and Kaspersky6 personal at their maximun configuration and Nod 32 continues being even much lighter at resources.
Nod 32 is also improving their reactive detection rate surprisingly as AV Comparatives tested.

well i was useing kaspersky anti-virus till i got an upadte for there lastest one and it screwed up on installing things and it wouldent work proper now i am useing nod32 and i dont have any problems with it. Iam thining of going back to useing kaspersky anti-virus when they finish there new virsion til lthen am sticking with nod 32 as i do not get any problems with it and its verry fast and hardy uses any ram

well i use both of them lol, but i am going to uninstall kaspersky, because when i am trying to scan my computer, it start scanning, but after it is about 20% finished, it stop scanning.. it has finished scanning only one time, but then it didnt find any viruses... but when i tried right after with nod32, it found around 10, i think...so for me NOD32 is much better

Edited by 96than (see edit history)

Hi friends, I am working as an web developer since last 9 years. I am qualified with Master degree of Computer. I have used both NOD32 and kaspersky. Both are excellent. There is not doubt. But at present NOD32 has not good GUI and so I have used kaspersky. NOD32 takes some less memory compare to kaspersky. But this difference is not important because there is very littel different. Both are same. What you like just use it.-Atul

As an avid tester of security programs let me furnish my to cents. No more vague *BLEEP*. Lets get a few things nice and clear.NOD32 is THE fastest and lightest AV out of all the top AVs. Hueristics checked, monitor enabled, it doesnt matter... its the fastest and lightest on system resources among all AVs worth mentioning.Anyone who says NOD is "pretty" fast/lite, or "one of the fastest", is not being clear enough and is underestimating! So Once again NOD32 is the smallest/fastest/ among all of the top AVs! The entire setup file is abt 10 megs, which is unheard of for top tier AV scanners. NOD is everything you need with no bloat.As far as effectiveness through overall detection, Both NOD and Kaspersky lead the pack. However NOD was by far the faster scanner.For the life of me I don't understand why anyone would continue to claim Kaspersky is in anyway better. Better in what exactly? KAV is slower, heavier on resources, and presents some conflicts with your programs (which NOD never does).I was a Kaspersky user for years before I discovered NOD32 and tested it myself so I am not just talking out of my *bottom* like most posters who only support a program because they are trying to justify having it on their computer.In addition, Here are some credible and interesting comparison

ask-leo.com/whats_the_best_popup_blocker_antivirus_software_antispyware_software.html

(pretty straight forward testing).

consumersearch.com/antivirus-software

(as you can see the only reason kaspersky is rating higher here is because it was easier to use for the average user. I find this disburbing for to reasons. 1 because the average user is a moron and we are not (the fact that we in a forum questioning AVs suggests that we have some knowledge on how they work and how to use thme). to it acknowledges that there is absolutely no area where KAV is better than NOD and at the same time completely ignores the shortcomings of KAV in comparison to NOD32 (speed, size, efficiency, conflict with software) yet still puts it ahead to due popularity reasons.)Also, since NOD32 is never in conflict with any software you can download any firewall of your choosing. This way you can run the best firewall out here and maximize your protection from all sides. Why would anyone not want NOD32 over KAV (which I must acknowledge is certainly good enough for second place no doubt).I couldn't make this any more clear.-Nigel B

I came on this site because I wanted to know what other people thought of kapersky my systems is sooo slow.I thought I had spyware or something that hadn't been detected,I had Nod32 for 3 months but the trial ran out and I wanted to try kaspersky's trial as well and then pick one, Using Nod32 I have never ever in 3 months had a virus detected, my system ran perfectly and Nod updated every 10-20 mins which I love. With kaspersky my system is sooo slow that it takes almost to hours to complete a scan and nothing works properly Im deleting it and buying NOD32-Meagan