xisto Community
marretas

My PC Shutdowns Itself On MS Products!!

I have a problem. My PC works perfectly but then when i'm working with MS Word, Outlook Express or something like that the PC Crashes - sometimes not - and shutdown be it self. I ve already formated my hard drive, change memorys and change hard drive, the problem remains. The strange is that he was almost 3 weeks with crashing and i didn't installed anything. Anyone had the experience in the past ? Please help me, i'm fed up with this lame PC.Sorry my bad english :P

I have a problem. My PC works perfectly but then when i'm working with MS Word, Outlook Express or something like that the PC Crashes - sometimes not - and shutdown be it self.
I ve already formated my hard drive, change memorys and change hard drive, the problem remains. The strange is that he was almost 3 weeks with crashing and i didn't installed anything. Anyone had the experience in the past ? Please help me, i'm fed up with this lame PC.

Sorry my bad english :P

What error does it show before it shuts down? Do you get any blue screens or does it just turn itself off. Do the shutdowns only occur during using those following programs?

I'm betting driver problem, especially if you have a more recent Nvidia or ATI card, as windows doesn't come with good drivers for them but reverts to stock drivers. I know on my Computer, even if I just let it sit, the driver may force a shutdown. If you are running windows XP, SP2 has a fix for most cards, and getting new drivers from the manufacturer will help. But this is only a guess and without any specific info on your OS and hardware we can't give an accurate diagnosis.~Viz

It may very well be a hardware problem. Are you sure it shuts down? Or maybe it turns off by itself, as if you switched it off? If you could provide more details, we'd be happy to help you here.

When you say shutdown, does it go through the process of shutting down? Otherwise this is power off, where the machine just turns itself off.Or could it be a restart?Is the crash a lock up where nothing responds or what?I really think each sympton should be emphasised as there's so many different causes that a lot of people assume that one thing to them, can mean many things to a technician.The symptons so far point to memory issues, which could be your RAM or your video memory, though it also can be a heating issue, power issue, etc. If you could eliminate the fact that it's only MS related products it crashes with, then that would help too, otherwise it could be a problem with MS products, in which you may need to install updates, but installing them on an unstable machine is never a good idea.Cheers,MC