xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Logo I Made

Posted Image

Posted Image

I made this for a site im working at and I did it in a way to make the banner blend in with the background in a smooth way also I didn't need to make a border for it since hte border is already done for me. to get a better look at it in a dark background go here.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by saint-michael (see edit history)

It looks a lot better when put against the intended background - i.e. the second link you gave. Good job.The colors blend pretty well from the Web site's background to your logo. But maybe there's a little too much white, especially around the left side of the neck? It just seems a little blinding to me.

I like the banner, and i joined the forum xD.
The White doesn't really bother me much, it makes the banner look more icey. What i don't really like though and i find it the hardest to do, is making the banner "blend" into the website. At the moment, no offence, but it looks like just another pic stuck onto a webpage. I always have problems with this and i can never really help it.

I think a really good example of being able to fit and "blend" the banner into the page would be that of http://www.mugglenet.com/
Although it isn't perfect and there probably are better ones out there (I thought this off the top of my head), i think the way they made it curly at the bottom gives it the "all important 1px black border around a sig" look. Why don't you try doing that? Maybe it'll look better.

I agree with sarah. The blue against it makes it look more natural. Otherwise it'd need some sort of border to fit. Apart from that, find. The cloud/sephiroth thing is popular around this time thanks to advent children.

that cloud/sephiroth image you saw wasn't the right one I had to reload it after findinf out my partner im crime did a override of it.also I edit so you can see the logo on its background color.havn't gotten that fancy with logos havn't used that tool properly.

Very nice banner! I like the color scheme (well, actually I like everything that has a bit of "blue" in it ;) ) Anyway are you interested in some link exchange, or affiliate program? I run similar site, with elite photoshop tutorials, take a look in my signature :P

Dang it, my stupid browser won't let me view IPB images...I hate you, IE!Yeah, but I'm sure it's great. Haha, can't see it worth crap and I'm still handing out kudos.