xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Plucko

Nintendo Ds

The newest handheld is the Nintendo DS. Here in The Netherlands it became quite popular after only like 2 days since it came out. I don't have it but it seems nice. I'm not sure about the 2-screen thing though. And I also heard the touch screen breaks too easily. :) I might buy it when it's cheaper.. but I got my GBA last year and I'm happy with that for now. :) What do you guys think of the Nintendo DS?

personnaly I think the ds is a bad creation. I used in a shop in the UK called game and the touch screen was really bad and sometimes didnt even respond. But ive heard that the games for it are meant to be pretty good unlike what ive heard about the psp games which are all meant to be foreign japanese ones apart from grand turismo and such like

All the DSs in the stores are all crapped up, the touch screen is very precise and responsive in a brand new unit. And the games as of now are OKish, except for the first hunt demo and Super Mario 64, but there are plenty of new titles coming with some primse.

Nintendo DS Index

Nintendo DS (Platinium Silver)

Quoting from the reviews there:

Best Handheld ever! 

I have to say, if you're not considering getting a DS, you can't be a gamer at all. This piece of kit is a must-have by every gamer. PSP is all fair and good, but the DS is original, fun, and Wario Ware rocks on it!

Out of a total vote of 198, the average score is 5 out of 5.

It looks great to me and I am considering getting one. If you buy it from the store, most likely it will be in a less good condition than if you order online because some customers would already have open the package and taken a look. But both has its pros and cons. Buying form the shop will make it easier for you to look for help if you have any problems with the set.

My personal recommendation is to buy it online. It is usually of a higher quality and at a better price(cause stores have to pay for importing the goods).

Anyway, if you are buying the Nintendo DS, do help me out and use the link I provided above. You won't lose anything but I get a few cents off your sales transaction if you buy using that link.

Thanks a lot.

-Shackman

How is buying it online going to increase the qulaity of the product? it all comes from the same place 0.oI personnally have the DS, I've had it since the day it came out. I love it, the touch screen works perfectly fine, its responsive enough and its not fragile as everyone says it is. I've dropped it several times, i let my little brother play Wario ware, you can't hurt it unless you try to. My favorite feature has got to be the wireless connectivity. I can play with my nieghbor from our own houses, its nice. I recommend you but it, it doesn't really matter where.

I think the Nintendo DS is a great idea. Although, I have never used it before. But, I think it's great that Nintendo is trying something new. I think the two screens has so much room for improved gameplay. It's great that Nintendo actually is doing something new to the gaming market. That's why I think the DS is a lot better than the PSP. The PSP didn't add anything innovative, all it is is the same machine as past handhelds, just more powerful. So, I think the DS is better for doing new things :).