xisto Community
minnieadkins

Database Tables Gone?

I wrote a simple web program/site in php that uses mysql as its database. The program stores a daily record of calories/serving. It's basically a calorie chart. I looked today and 2 of my tables were missing. Now considering it only uses 2 tables (which isn't too efficient but it's for personal use) that's a lot missing. It's not a big deal to lose the data and I didn't have a backup, but I'm just curious as to why and how it happened.

Everything worked fine for awhile, then I decided to dabble with cronjobs. I wrote a cron to make sure that the day has been recorded into the database, that way it can still go back and be edited (and keeps the current dietday # intact).

Now I am a complete 'newbie' to crons, but I'm pretty sure it's written correctly. Perhaps I messed up somehow and did the cron incorrect. I tested it however, and it seemed to work.

The problem is that I do not have any 'DROP' sql syntax in my scripts. I'm just curious as to how this could happen? Any ideas, comments/solutions and or laughing at my stupidity is greatly appreciated.

Well short of someone going in there and removing it or somehow using a php script to do so I really don't know why that would happen.....I regularly export my databases and just copy/paste into a text file near my site/forum backup files incase I ever need it. Maybe this is a good idea? it's saved me a few times.Then I just copyed from the text file and pasted into phpmyadmin and fix it all backup.I do the same thing when testing all my phpbb2 software+mods, I upload the entire forum or changed sections and then export database data for phpbb2 and import in phpmyadmin on host.