xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sandeep1405241520

What Are The Latest TV Tuner Cards ? Query

Any complications when connecting TV tuner to a laptop?

First of all, let me tell you that there are no complicatons in connecting TV tuner card to a laptop.

As you might know, there are two types of TV tuners, internal and external. Ofcourse, external a bit on costlier side. Now, if you have external card, you really don't have to boot your laptop or PC up to start watching TV. It will work even if the CPU is switched off. Whereas in case of internal card, you need to boot your PC up and only then you will be able to watch TV.

The best card available in market is of Pinnacle. The card includes a TV Remote and software. Moreover, you can customize each button action of remote using software to perform any other action like running winamp on a press of button and more...

So, the options are unlimited.

I still have one of the old ATI TV cards for the Mac in my g4 tower that's now 6 years old and it still works. I know ATi's only advanced the technology. Also I know of people who's had WinTV cards in the past and had good luck. Both have internal and USB2.0 capture cards. Now if your looking to capture video for edit...different story. All I've heard have been horror stories on both cards. In fact, professional, I either capture from DV or copy a VHS to a DVD using a professional quality transfer machine and then rip the DVD using Handbrake. Only way I know of getting content into a workable format without the hassles of a capture card. And I have a $1500 Firewire capture device too.

I'm waiting for the new Miglia TVMini HD+ to drop in February. Not will it be able to receive ClearQAM (Digital Cable which you don't need the Cable Box and it can receive unencrypted HD channels without any cost), it can receive Analog Cable and over the air signals. To my understanding, there isn't a device on the market that can do this yet.

There aren't any products on the market that can allow users to view digital cable just yet. I think about 7 different tuners are launching sometime in February or March. Most companies are slowly switching to the 'new' technology but some are just taking too much time. Also the Miglia TVMini HD+ is already available on some online retailers.