xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
evought

Choosing A Different Joomla Start Page How do I start somewhere other than Home?

I am trying to set up Joomla on this site and woud like new visitors to start at the "What We Sell" page rather than the Homepage. The What We Sell page is less busy and has some nice photos; I want them to be able to click on Home to view news and other things.

I tried a 301 redirect from the .htaccess file to redirect index.html to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ but this did not work. Visits simply went to index.php as normal.

Any ideas?

I recommend you to visit https://forum.joomla.org/ and search for the solution. I'm sure somebody has already thought of that.

Yep, one would think so. I started with Google and am searching the Joomla forum. No luck so far, but I figured it would be worth asking here given that I know there a couple of regular Joomla users. If not, I'll have to get an account and post to the Joomla forum.

I just started using Joomla and I believe we'll see a whole bunch of discussions on Joomla topics pretty soon :lol: Even I have really odd wants and demands from Joomla and is willing to bend stuff to get it working the way I want.. Let me see if I can figure something out for you..

You can probably also log into the cpanel and go to the page redirect function on it. You can have the page forwarded so that whenever someone types the url of your home page into their browser and tries to navigate to the joomla main page, they will be forwarded to the "what we sell" type of page that you wanted them to see first. I'm not sure whether or not they would be able to click on the "home" button and be taken to the home page of your joomla site, or whether or not they'd be forwarded to the 'what we sell' page once more, but it might be worth a shot. Good luck with that, and I hope that it works. You can always undo it easily if it doesn't work out! - trinifawk

1.-make an index.html file2.- on the same htacces you are making the redirection paste te followingDirectoryIndex index.html index.phpthis will tel the server to look first for index.html instead of index.php3.- do the 303 redirection from the index.html to the url you want