xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
h u n t

Help Starting A Wireless Networking

I lived in Indonesia with less knowledges that i had, I am having a chance to bulding a networking , specially in wireless technology.

It would make 8 clients using Win Xp and a Server.

Anyone would help me make this thing came true, What kind of PC (Specifications) for the Cliants should I have, and others equipments.

I am trying to build in an office, so. the range would be just beyond 100 meters.

Thanks for your attention and good coorporation. Looking forward to it.

Regards

Farhan

my mail

to start with it is going to depend on what the computers are going to be used for! are the clients going to be used for word processing or high end graphics?secondly, what is the server used for, is it going to be a file server, internet gateway etc etc or a mixture of all the above?about the wireless, most routers have a range of around 200 meters indoors so you should have no problem connecting clients to a wireless access point presuming that their is no interferences!

You should purchase a wireless router. I'd go with Linksys (division of Cogeco), Wireless G.As for the computers, really any computer will do. If you want to go the route of laptops, get one with a build in wireless chip.Hopefully your building isn't fully steel. Haha!