xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
talbotda13

School Shooting

A student on Monday killed two of his grandparents, then went on a shooting rampage at his Minnesota high school, killing seven people and wounding as many as 13 others before killing himself, officials said.

Why in the world would anyone do that? i mean either you need to be in a blank state of mind or you need some serious help. i bet it had to do with people picking on him all the time. Why else would he kill so many. and he even killed his grandparents. so i know he planned it all out before he went on his rampage. All the news in the world is dumb. i mean can't there be good news in the news? if you watch the news everyday there is all bad news. no good news.

How can someone do that... I mean, kill your grandparents, then go to school and shoot seven people, then yourself?

Sure, maybe he had problems, but couldn't he just do himself in without the wanton waste of human life?

Even if he was pissed off at being picked on at school/home, it doesn't give a reason to kill people...

People like that piss me off...

I imagine the kid had some problems that weren't addressed properly. Although it was totally wrong of him to do, I'm sure some people may have known it was coming. This is where close friends and family members shouldve gotten help. This world is crazy, nuts, alot of people lose it, I do sometimes, though I wouldnt kill anyone over my problems. Gotta feel bad for all the parents affected w/ this tradegy, 'nother Columbine :)

Its just really saddening to know that these were just inncocent people who died from on mans agaony and metality, they didn't deserve to die, yet, they somehow got caught in this mess. My sympathy goes out to the victims families. I stillcan't believe it, the two grandparents and seven students didn't have to, nor did they need to die. Not to sound mean or anything, but if he really wanted to kill himself in the first place, he should kill himself alone, and not pull other people into his mentality.

was thinking ... i was in colorado during the columbine shootings there ... and i've been thinking about this kinda stuff ever since.i wonder if this is something that's always happened in the past, except now with internet and 24x7 news, etc, we hear about it. i mean, back in the day before all these cable news channels, they did local news and national news. I wonder if this stuff just never made the national news before. at any rate, i strongly think all this has to do with the pressures kids are under nowadays. also, they eat total crap all the time (get fat, lazy, etc) . i think diet has a lot to do with your body and mind.i feel bad for his grandparents

I've just seen it on the news, seems he killed 7 students, 1 teacher and 1 security Gaurd and his own grandparents. He killed himself after he killed the others.

How could he do this, Kill his OWN GRANDPARENTS. I'm shocked!!

I agree with you talbotda13, I think he did this because people were picking on him!!

From

.::DAMAN::.

I remember this TV show... Zero Hour... shows incidents/terrorist attacks that happens. Anyways these 2 kids went on a HUGE shooting spree and shot everyone they saw. It was in the US... forgot the name of the school and state... eh...

I remember this TV show... Zero Hour... shows incidents/terrorist attacks that happens. Anyways these 2 kids went on a HUGE shooting spree and shot everyone they saw. It was in the US... forgot the name of the school and state... eh...

62883[/snapback]

Columbine in Colorado?

I'm really freaked out about school shootings here in Colorado ever since Columbine happened, and now a school shooting in Minnesota? This has got to stop.

Though I may be creeped out, I don't have to worry about it since I home school, but still.

I'm with whyme though, he didn't have to bring everyone else with him if he was this mentally disturbed. Killing your grandparents and fellow random classmates? It makes me sad how people can be as heartless as to do such a thing.

This reminds me of something that was posted here a bit ago, about a girl shooting her father with a shotgun.

Spoiled kids don't know how good they have it, and take it out on everyone else. It gives all of us a bad name and we all get priveledges taken away for it.

Not to mention the police being up our asses about everything.

Here's the story in Toronto Star

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mar. 22, 2005. 07:59 AM

MOLLY MIRON/AP

Red Lake School District Superintendent Stuart Desjarlait comforts a teacher yesterday following a deadly shooting at Red Lake High School. Witnesses described the gunman as grinning and waving as he pointed his gun. Officials said nine died before the student turned the gun on himself.

Student's rampage leaves 10 dead

Gunman kills grandparents, 7 others

Shooter then turns gun on himself

JOSHUA FREED

ASSOCIATED PRESS

RED LAKE, Minn.A high school student went on a shooting rampage on this Indian reservation yesterday, killing nine people before turning the gun on himself.

The shooter killed his grandparents at their home before shooting seven people at his school, "grinning and waving" as he fired, authorities and witnesses said.

It was the United States's worst school shooting since the Littleton, Colo., massacre at Columbine in 1999.

Students pleaded with the gunman to stop shooting.

"You could hear a girl saying, `No, Jeff, quit, quit. Leave me alone. What are you doing?" Sondra Hegstrom told The Pioneer of Bemidji, using the name of the suspected shooter.

Fourteen to 15 other students were injured, said FBI spokesperson Paul McCabe.

Some were being cared for in Bemidji, about 30 kilometres south of Red Lake. Authorities closed the reservation while they investigate the shootings.

Before the shootings at Red Lake High School, the suspect's grandparents were shot in their home and died later.

Six students including the gunman were killed at the school, along with a teacher and a security guard, McCabe said at a Minneapolis news conference.

Hegstrom described the gunman grinning, waving and pointing his gun at a student, then swivelling to shoot someone else.

"I looked him in the eye and ran in the room, and that's when I hid,'' she told The Pioneer.

McCabe declined to talk about a possible connection between the suspect and the couple killed at their home.

But Red Lake fire director Roman Stately said the couple were the gunman's grandparents. He identified one of them as Daryl Lussier, a long-time officer with the Red Lake Police Department, and said Lussier's guns may have been used in the shootings.

Stately said the shooter had two handguns and a shotgun.

"After he shot a security guard, he walked down the hallway shooting and went into a classroom where he shot a teacher and more students," Stately told Minneapolis television station KARE.

Students and a teacher at the scene, Diane Schwanz, said the shooter tried to break down a door to get into a room where some students were.

"I just got on the floor and called the cops," Schwanz told The Pioneer. "I was still just half-believing it.''

Ashley Morrison, another student, took refuge in a classroom as the shooter banged on the door. She called her mother, on her cell phone.

"Mom, he's trying to get in here and I'm scared," Morrison told her mother.

Schwanz was the teacher in that room. She said, "I just got down on the floor and (said), `Kids, down on the ground, under the benches!'" All of the dead students were found in one room. One of them was a boy believed to be the shooter, McCabe said.

He would not comment on reports that the boy shot himself and said it was too early to speculate on a motive.

The school was evacuated after the shootings and locked down for investigation, McCabe said.

"It will probably take us throughout the night to really put the whole picture together," he said.

It was the nation's worst school shooting since two students at Columbine High School killed 12 students and a teacher and wounded 23 before killing themselves on April 20, 1999.

The last apparent fatal school shootings involving a student also happened in Minnesota in September 2003, when two students were killed at Rocori High School in Cold Spring. Classmate John Jason McLaughlin, who was 15 at the time of the shooting, awaits trial in the case.

That shooting was the first major incident reported since 2001.

Red Lake High School, on the Red Lake Indian Reservation in far northern Minnesota, has about 300 students, according to its website.

The reservation, home to the Red Lake Chippewa Tribe, is about 380 kilometres north of the Twin Cities and 120 kilometres south of the Canadian border.

Original Source: Click here

xboxrulz

I first learned about this incident this afternoon, and really, the sad thing is: I wasn't shocked. It is really sad that this has almost become a fact of life for Americans. I finally got around to watching Bowling For Columbine a couple of nights ago (which is, personally, awfully ironic) and although I do not agree with many of the ideas Michael Moore suggests, I do agree with a few. One of them being the priority at which the media covers negative, violent news stories. People in Canada have 7 million guns, and under 100 people die per year due to shootings in the entire country. In the United States, over eleven THOUSAND people are killed each year by guns.

So what is the difference? The history of the countries? The culture? The people? Yes, yes, and yes. Why do these two countries differ in gun casualty rates then? The media covering every single shooting and all sorts of violence. So, it does not surprise me that another teenager has taken matters into his own hands and done what he had seen done on the news almost daily -- he shot people.

But, with all media allegations of mine aside, he shot people for STUPID reasons. Shooting an intruder in your home who is posing a threat to your life is a logical reason to kill. Shooting someone because you're depressed and, perhaps, you do not like that person is selfish, immoral, and, quite frankly, pathetic.

All this having been said, I am sorry for the families of those who were killed's losses.

The weird thing about this is that the kid took his grandfather's gun, police car, and bulletproof vest. The kid used the police's own gear to kill several people... rather ironic.But, I think this is terrible that it happened. Why would anyone ever do this? :) The worst part about this is that the kid is only 16. He is so young, yet he kills his grandparents as well as several of his classmates? How sad...

This is just unbelievably sad. I saw Bowling for Columbine last night and there were an awful amount of similarities. I can't believe this happened still, I really can't. It feels like just a few days ago it was the Columbine massacre, and now reliving that all over again.

My absolute sympathy goes out to everyone involved in this, and any school shooting. Rest in Peace.