xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kryptix

Advice On Course To Take In Uni

HeyI myself am very interested in computers and computer games. I hope to eventually land a career in the computer industry or even better a career as a game programmer/designer or what not.In my last year of high school, finish in 4 weeks, and having chosen the most computer related courses avalible to me for college, i am stuck as to which courses to take for uni which would enable me to get a career with games or computers.Could anyone suggest any courses that i should take at uni?- Krytpix

Edited by Kryptix (see edit history)

Your adviser should be able to help you pick the right courses. There might be a degree in that specific field. Then again, you might have a general adviser (if you can't declare a major when you're a freshmen, which is the case here anyway). If that's so, talk to one of the advisers in the computer-sciences dept.

I think you should be following a course like this one:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Make sure that before you eveluate all your options before you embark into a 3 or 4 year course, since this will be important for your future.

Good Luck
Berserker

Hey
I myself am very interested in computers and computer games. I hope to eventually land a career in the computer industry or even better a career as a game programmer/designer or what not.

In my last year of high school, finish in 4 weeks, and having chosen the most computer related courses avalible to me for college, i am stuck as to which courses to take for uni which would enable me to get a career with games or computers.

Could anyone suggest any courses that i should take at uni?

- Krytpix

word of advice, be sure you enjoy what you study. It makes it much enjoyable if you go into it enjoying what you're studying. Although its nothing new if half way through the course you find you suddenly don't like what you learn. But that's life.. haha..