xisto Community
Hamtaro

Question About Ip Deny In Cpanel

I'm trying to ban ALL IP's that begin with 205.204 (All the computers at my school). I tried to use * as a "wildcard" for it, but Cpanel removed it. If I just use 205.204 will it still block all those? If not, then will I have to enter all the combinations by myself? I'd like to know, because there's some really annoying people coming on my site from school, so I really need to ban all those IPs. Could someone please tell me if that will work?

When you use IP deny it can deny a single IP address or the whole octet(s). There is no way of blocking using a CIDR range so you can block 256 IP adresses by placing the * in the the last octet, or if you need to block more networks by typng in the IP address as 205.204.1. it will show up as

205.204.1. and there is a dot after the last octet. You don't have to type the * you only have to type 205.204.[b/] and that should block any IP in the range:

205.204.0.0 to 205.204.255.255 will be blocked. (total of 65534 IP addresses)

CIDR range	205.204.0.0/16  Netmask	255.255.0.0  Wildcard Bits	0.0.255.255  First IP in range	205.204.0.0 (network address)  Last  IP in range	205.204.255.255 (broadcast address)  First useable IP in range	205.204.0.1  Last useable IP in range	205.204.255.254  Number of useable IPs in range	65534

Nils

There could be ways that require the administrator's or moderator's help.An alternative to this is to sign up for a redirectory service to redirect visitors to your site.These redirectory services are able to ban IP addresses, which could be useful for your case.However, you will need to take their redirectory domain names primarily.These services comes for free and additional features for paid versions.Such are dyndns.orgYou would like to do a google search to find our more... :)

I meant to reply to this earlier...Anyway, I did what NilsC said, and it worked! So now, no one at school with a computer that begins with the IP 205.204 WILL NOT be able to view my site. (I tested it at school.) I can still get to my Cpanel at school, though.

How would I find out the IP address ranges that are leased to a particular ISP? I have a troublesome member who has a dynamic IP address, and I would like to ban all IP addresses that the member could possibly have from their ISP.

Thanks very much. :lol:

How would I find out the IP address ranges that are leased to a particular ISP? I have a troublesome member who has a dynamic IP address, and I would like to ban all IP addresses that the member could possibly have from their ISP.

Thanks very much. :D

132761[/snapback]

Is anyone able to help me with this please? -_- It's kinda important, as the troublesome member is causing a problem.

Thank you. :D

Whats the member doin?Just get his IP & block it.Or if your paranoid report him too your isp.Just use the wild card*.Thanks,FFC webmaster,Asad Haider. -_-

Whats the member doin?

Just get his IP & block it.

Or if your paranoid report him too your isp.

Just use the wild card*.

Thanks,

FFC webmaster,

Asad Haider. -_-

136611[/snapback]

I already have, but his IP changes all the time. Using a wildcard doesn't do it as the IP range allocated is too large.

That's why I want to find out all the possible IP addresses that the member can have, and ban them.

So it goes back to my original question:

Thanks. :D

Then most of ure members will be banned aswell as him,You can also get tools to give you an IP from china, or America.