xisto Community
MrChris

I Cannot Embed A Google Video In A Joomla Post

I have been struggling all day to be able to embed a google video into one of my joomla posts. I tried opening the HTML Source editor...the Flash Editor.... and a box will come up, but there isn't anything in it.Can any help me out in explaining how I can get a google video embeded into a Joomla Post? Here is an example video for the type of code I need to put on my post for the video to show.... I just can't get it to show up....

When you view the post, you see the CODE for the embed video...but not the video.Help Help Help!here is an example of the type of code I need to put in:

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" quality="best" bgcolor="#ffffff" scale="noScale" wmode="window" salign="TL" FlashVars="playerMode=embedded"> </embed>

I'm praying someone can help me!

All the best,

Chris

I have a similar problem!I insert my flash file, but it always RESIZES the size to 0 px by 0px, no matter what I try, it keeps automatically shrinking on me!I can HEAR the file working! I've used the flash editor, and html source to change the size, but to no avil! to always changes back to 0!HELP PLEASE! spazz896 @ ho t mail.com (no spaces)-Brad

tinywysiwyg changing code

Go into the admin editor and TURN OFF tinywysiwyg - I usually keep it OFF - I just can't do much of anything otherwise

-pamela

You guys need go to "Site-->Global configuration" and change "TinyMCE WYSIWG Editor" into "no WYSIWG Editor". Then go to your content and paste your video code. I tried your video codes in my own joomla site (Freemp3.servmn.com) and goes well. (Sorry for my bad english!!!)

Edited by Emusic.SR.mN (see edit history)

Cannot embed the videos using Allvdeos 2.5.2

I cannot embed the video using AllVideos2.5.2..

I write {youtube}09FJoz5vpqw{/youtube}, it comes up nothing..

What can I do? Please help me..I am a new user of joomla..

Write me to ngaoyen =a= gmail.Com

-reply by Ngaoyen

This is happening  because the editor filters the content. To fix this:

GO TO

Content -> Article Manager -> Parameters (up-right near help)

Scroll down to filtering options, select only the Public Front End stuff, leave Blacklist checked under the box.

Scroll up and save.

You should be able to embed.

Answer to blank insert windowI Cannot Embed A Google Video In A Joomla Post

I have experimented a blank window, and the reason was that fantastico's joomlas installation aint perfect, it doesnt puts the appropriate file permissions so this is a consequence of it.

Reinstall your joomla, or grab a copy and manually apply the appropiate file permissions, and youre set!.

About the flash, dunno, guess some plugin will do it?

-reply by Ceteco

Tip from (G)I Cannot Embed A Google Video In A Joomla Post

It worked for me now...Tks God

GO TO

Scroll down to filtering options, select only the Public Front End stuff, leave Blacklist checked under the box.

Scroll up and save.

-reply by Allex

THANK YOU FOR THIS!  IT WORKS!

GO TO

Scroll up and save.