xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PHPtech

T3 Internet Connections Ever heard of it?

The best place to get super fast internet connection at a low cost, or free, is a college campus. I stay in a dorm on my college campus. Im currently using my wireless internet connection. I can download at speeds up to about 500+kb/s, but it doesnt always download that fast. The wireless internet on my college campus is 11mbps connection speed, and through the network cable ethernet port, its 100mbps connection speed. So if you want a fast internet connection and your going to college, stay on campus so you can get it for free.

That T3 would be best suited fo a school distric that would then distribuite it to several high schools in the area. Or it would be suitable for someone looking to sell a dial-up service.

hey t3 is reallly quite fast, usually for networks of large instituations, and stuff like dat, but o well i think i probably even heard of it before i knew what broadband was lol, well anyway, its quite good, and for any fast internet connection u might want dsl or cable should be able to cover that since there are some 1mb and even 2mb dsl connections, so i think u shud just stick with dsl

T3 (or any T-x connection for that matter) is non-sensible for anyone besides a corporation/college campus. downloading at 2.xx gigs a second would be completely AWESOME, but way not worth it, unless you plan to distribute fiber-optics to your whole neighborhood. (And make them pay out the a** for it.)

Downloading anything would be childs play though, those large downloads some of us dread(ed) like photoshop, at 60-90 megs, would take less than a second. That's pure insanity. It would drive someone crazy, because a good quarter of my computer time is spent waiting for stuff to happen. Once you add it all up.

Panda

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/