xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PHPtech

T3 Internet Connections Ever heard of it?

I've been looking around for a faster internet, and I heard of this thing called T3, it's supposed to be the fastest internet available, even faster than DSL, I was wondering, what ISP's provide this T3? And how fast is it really, if you have it could you fill me in?

Another way to get faster internet is to move to another country where Internet speeds are faster and internet costs less, like in Canada. Here, the fastest is 5.0 MBPS (Down speed) and 800KBPS (UP speed) via Cable (shared) and it only costs $49.99 CAD per month. The fastest DSL (dedicated line) is 4.0 MBPS $66.95 CAD with 800 KBPS UP speed.xboxrulz

I am paying 45 bux a month for bellsouth DSL that is 3 MB down and 300 up. That is plenty fast for what the web has to offer these days. Since most video online is optimized for slower speeds it would be a waste of money to get anything faster cuz it wont improve your picture quality or sound quality of streaming music. And with 3mb down most webpages appear instantly.

No it's not to bad at all, you can get t1, or a fractional t1 ar even a t3 line for a fair price. :)

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

All Price includes local loop:

Dedicated Internet T1, 1.5 Mb - $500 to $900

Dedicated Internet Access, DS3, 3 Mb to 45 Mb, - $2,500 to $4,500

Managed Internet Access T1, 1.5 Mb - $700 to $1,200

Managed Internet Access, Bonded T1s, 3 Mb to 6 Mb, - $1030 to $4,800

Managed Internet Access, DS3, 3 Mb to 34 Mb, - $3,000 to $12,200

DS3 Price Per Month

A DS3 translates to about 45 megs: $4500/month on a three year term

An OC3 translates into 3 DS3's, or 84 DS1's or T1s =155 Megs: $16,184/month

An OC-12 translates into 12 DS3's, or 336 DS1's =622 Megs: $48,982/month

An OC-48 is 48 DS3's or 1344 DS1's and = 2.49 GIGS =$117,558/month

Request Quote

* Expect to pay higher prices if your business is located outside the metro area.

^Ouch. That's all I have to say about that. Ouch. 2.49 GB/sec will definately kill a person as a result of sleep deprivation.

kummy, to answer your question, I personally think a cable internet connection is the fastest broadband connection for the average family because it's fast and reliable. I think a satellite connection is good, but it's also also pretty unreliable. If you have satellite television (like me), you know why satellite-anything is bad. The reason for this is if there is a storm outside (or you don't have a clear view of the souther sky), you can expect your internet connection and television to not work. Trust me. I know this from experience with satellite television. :)

Yeah, I am not sure if you are looking for one in a home, but a T3 is WAY too expensive for that. Sure, it's fast, but you pay for it.However, T3 is NOT the fastest connection available. As far as I know, fiber optic internet connections are the fastest you can get. And as for the fiber optic connections, I think that the OC-255 is the fastest, but I am not sure how available it is.

I dont think you would even need t3. I mean I guess that makes you think (HOW COULD ANYONE NOT USET3), What im saying is that might be OVERKILL. I think t3 is mainly used for networks, such as a buisness or a school as mentioned above, also can be used if you host webservers. I would say unless you enjoy downloading lots of videos, and want them to be faster (Which not sure how that would work depending on the server your downloading from).....Just stick to the cable, or dsl.....

^Ouch. That's all I have to say about that. Ouch. 2.49 GB/sec will definately kill a person as a result of sleep deprivation.

63183[/snapback]

It would be pretty handy if you wanted to download the internet :) Would even Bill Gates have this fast internet? He probably would, considering the amount of money which is almost nothing for him. For mr. Bill it would be like spending one cent is for me.

What would you do with so many bandwidth? It certainly start a server facility or two, one free and one payed hosting.