xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Trekkie101

Wireless Network, Need A Linux Guru

Im trying to get my Belkin F5D7050 wireless USB dongle to work, but linux doesnt seem to see itIve installed the drivers using ndiswrapper, but it just says hardware not found.Any help would be great.

Emulating windows Kernel API'son linux is the very very last desperate thing you should do.

always always always Linux drivers are better than emulated windows drivers, for stability, features and performance.

BOOM.... [url=http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

edit: site seems to be down right now.... oops.

The Belkin USB wireless nEtwork card uses a RA-link chip (specific chip is rt2570 ) which is also the driver module name.

RA_Link aer very linux fiendly and have released full driver source code for the windows kernel, and there is currently a project working on maintining the Linux version.

I have the PCI version in my linux box.. the rt2500.

Currently, this driver is not yet in the linux kernel for trivial reasons...

The driver has its own in-built 802.11x stack ( a bi-product of porting from windows )

So you will need to download , compile and install this driver for yourself.

Remove everything ndis-wrapper, and get the native linux version.

The Guys on the forum are great, and you should find all the info, and how-to's on their site.

Alternativly... post here, its quite simple to compile and install, i can probably help.

edit:

Hopefully thats "guru" enough for you :o