xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Darren1405241470

Which Virus-protection Program Is The Best?

Which is the better virus-protection program?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I personally have only ever used McAffee so i cant really judge, I was just wondering the numbers of people who prefer one over the other or can't choose.

I personally have only ever used McAffee so i cant really judge, I was just wondering the numbers of people who prefer one over the other or can't choose.

I personally use kasperky and I get it from System Mechanic pro 6 for free.

I have heard pc - cillin is second runner up or first depending on your needs with kasperky. McAffe has gotten good reviews but im a bit skeptical.

I always use Norton internet security it has never let me down. Yeah the price tag may be a bit dearer but i think it is worth it.I have used McAffee Anti Spyware once it is ok and i do know it is becoming more and more populare cause its cheap ( here in Australia anyway) so who knows McAffee might and i mean might over take Norton.

I think Bitdefender is the best for me.For the first,i used Norton and Mcafee then i found norton is not better but Mcafee it ok however it's good for scan virus,isn't good enough for safe ur computer because it isn't strong to be the firewall.And then i used AVG is a freeware that good for safe but not the best program.Last,i found Bitdefender program is the best firewall if u use it for the first time u like to annoy the pop-up that it always show up,is block the program to safe for ask u to ensure that is danger or not.

norton eats up unacceptable amount of ram. and if you are using xp, which by itself takes a lot of your ram, unless you have half a gb ram your system will end up cloying most times.dont even think of panda....may be good while you use...but once you install..that's it..you can NEVER uninstall.pc-cillin doesnt have frequent updates of virus definitions and its working does less than desired.by far mcafee has been easily the best....great interface, always the first to release in new anti-virus definitions...its virus scan is comprehensive and coupled with active shield your system is always safe. their personal firewall plus is also superb..easily configurable and very effective. you can even trace any attacks on your computer to its orgin location in the world map. added to it all...it occipies relatively less ram when compared with norton, the only other possible contendor in effectiveness. overall i would give mcafee's security centre two thumbs up! :ocheerz!shiv

Edited by shiv (see edit history)

well J have used both norton and panda and I find them unrealible and not worth buying,now I am using avira antivir and avast, they are free and good working.Also it is good to make an online scan once a month using bitdefender scanners.

Im currently using norton INTERNET SECURITY...and so far its been protecting my computer rather well. Blocked all incoming attacks and can even block annoying pop ads. It even goes to as far as preventing ads from showing at certian sites which is rather neat, beacause certain ads may have weird dialauges in flash which you would be like what MEDIA PLAYER IS PLAY??? Only thing I dont like about it is when you update certain games it wont let you because its blocking incoming traffic, but its easily relieved when you let norton know that it is ok to let incoming traffic in. Buy yes, I believe norton internet security is pretty good so far, for me at least...

I usead all the antiviruses in the market from norton to Avast (wich sucks) and I liked Bitdefender! It has a firewall, it has a good virus scanner, and it also has anti spam and antspyware which help me....

Well i have an theory... Once that virus companies want to sell them software's, they everyday try to work out the security in computers, but i think this is not the only thing they do. They also may make the virus so they sell his one antivirus, and this is all a big snow ball roling down the mountain. Other companies find the cure for other companie self created virus, and develop another. So we are stuck and are forced to have an antivirus, so they all do for protect my pc.

I would highly recommend AVG free antivirus, costantly being updated, nice interface, simple program, seems to have a couple other things it runs with it (all relative) which I dont like, but otherwise great antivirus. Go to downloads.com to pick it up.