xisto Community
Ventorms

WoW, Not Sure Yet

Okay here's the deal, I'm thinking of buying WoW and some stuff.. first problem the payment, I'm willing to pay the fee if it is worth it. Can someone confince me with some examples of the game and how the ranking goes. Ive played Anarchy Online, did anyone else played that game and now plays WoW. I would like to have some opions on World of Warcraft.

Okay here's the deal, I'm thinking of buying WoW and some stuff.. first problem the payment, I'm willing to pay the fee if it is worth it. Can someone confince me with some examples of the game and how the ranking goes. Ive played Anarchy Online, did anyone else played that game and now plays WoW. I would like to have some opions on World of Warcraft.

DO NOT GET WoW

itll get boring past level 60

Get SWG

or even better Get ATITD II

Could you give me some links of the sites of the game?? I'm very interested :o

Well, if u really like WoW related games, get Risk Your Life for FREE! SImilar

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

or SWG suits ya, like myself ( but it cant pay for it XD)

or if politics are your way, head around to Face of Mankind ( The hardest MMOG ever made)

I actually like Final Fantasy XI much better than World of Warcraft :/ There's something about WoW that doesn't seem fun after like a few hours of gameplay and sorts. Same can be said about FFXI for most, but somehow, it's just what I like. I guess it's just your own taste and you have to test it out to understand your 'review' on it. Though WoW got so much good reviews and lots of people play it, I say it's not fun and sort of boring at most times. I want a MMORPG that can keep me playing hours on end, and days and months and even years if possible. Final Fantasy XI was my choice after I tried both WoW and FFXI (Tried it at friend's house before buying FFXI over WoW) Just all you have to do is, buy and register for a month on the game, see how it's like. Then if you like it, stick with it and continue the monthly payments of 'almost' 15 bucks. If you hate the game or don't think you'll be playing it as much as you were hoping, cancellation will do the trick, and you can start square one with another game, or none at all and save monthly payments XDYour choice in the end, you just have to try it basically. :o

OK, so we all have different opinions :o Well, I'm going o advise you to buy Guild Wars. Why is it good? Here's why.First of all, it is somewhat free. You have to buy the game (not sure about the price, maybe $35 or so), but after that it is all free. And now there is an expansion pack coming, so there will be more to play with.Next, the world is huge. And when I say huge, I mean huge! You can play it for three of four months and still have something to explore in the end. Also, the game takes quite long to complete (I'm talking about primary missions). Furthermore, if you join a Guild, or better to say WHEN you join a Guild, since everybody does, there will be Guild Battles, where the power of Guilds collides :PSome say WoW is a bit better than GW, but you have to pay for it every month. That's why I prefer Guild Wars. I've been playing it since September and still haven't uninstalled it - it is so addictive!

I don't like WoW very much. Ok, it's a very decent game, but they just charge way to much for it. 26 Dollar for every 2 months is just a little bit to much (at least for me it is) on that points I really think Guild Wars wins. May I also announce that there's an expansion pack for Guild War coming up? With that I think it even increases its popularity and maybe once become the king in MMORPG land :o -=jeroen=-

I've played WoW from a friend of me, I was pretty bored after a while Anarchy Online is much better. It's more difficult than WoW. When you level with WoW you can hardly change something on youre character. With AO you get xp points to put on youre skills, that makes everybody different in the game. Best side of it is this.

Funcom extends the free offer on Anarchy Online into 2007 :o Thats motivation enough for me to start playing it again. I reccomend this game who like sci-fi and MMORPG's...

I played DAoC (Dark Age of Camelot) for about two years. I played WoW for about 4 months. I played SWG for about 5 Months. I've been playing Eve Online for about 3 Months and DDO (Dungeons and Dragons Online) since the headstart launch on Feb 24, 2006.Obviously I really liked DAoC. In fact I would recommend it to most anyone for a long term game, even tho its been out quite awhile.Pros: Its very playable on dial-up, even in PvP. Three realms to choose from. Can create many characters on any server/shard cluster, but only in one realm per cluster. There's lots of PvE with all the expansions indoors (dungeons, cripts, etc.) and out. Even under water in the ToA(Trials of Atlantis) expansion! You could PvP underwater as well! Good mix of instances and open areas. Nice selection of items from weapons and armor to jewelry. Leveling is a bit slow, but I really enjoyed it most of the time. You can pvp from level 1 to max level. I really like playing a thief, because I could stealth and attack from stealth provided I wasn't detected, which was most of the time. Necromancers and Minstrels were the Albion PvE kings for many encounters, if you had pretty good equipment and best buffs. Soloing wasn't hard for the most part, especially with a buffbot. PvP was good in full groups and was a blast with 100+ people raids into enemy realms.Con's: It takes a long time (6 months?) to become competitive in the highest levels of PvP which is pretty much the end game. There are high level raids, artifacts, and the trials that are really absolute musts for PvP. High bandwidth is recommended for pvp, but it is possible on dial-up most of the time. May be hard finding people to PvP below level 20. Most of the trials require raid sized parties of 12 if not more, but were schedualed fairly often. I went on several with 100+ people. Any artifacts you may want to acquire, require leveling by killing mobs in certain areas depending on the artifact. Some artifacts level fast and some are painfully slow. 100+ people raids to enemy realms was infrequent. Like 4 a year iirc. 100+ people anywhere was lag city on dial up. Could use some balancing class wise. Most jewelry isn't seen by others. Only your cloak iirc.WoW was fun for a while. Can create many (50?) characters and lots of servers/shards to choose from. Could solo most everything around your level, but level faster in groups. I duoed most of my medium to high levels with a friend I met in-game. Not much to do after max level except raid. I couldn't PvP on dial-up. Six or more people on each side would lag me really bad. Not sure if this has improved in the last 6 months. Good game if your looking for something to do for a few months.SWG was fun when I started. Fantastic player oriented crafting system, but all that changed with the NGE (New Game Enhancement) revamp. Now its like a clumsy first person shooter and crafting has fallen by the wayside imho. It was really dumbed down as far as profession choices go. Can only create up to 8 characters per account. Only one (or two?) charcters per server. JTL (Jump to Lightspeed) expansion is the best part of the game, again imho. Great 3D PvE space combat. Not sure if there is any PvP left in this game.Eve Online is still interesting to me. Can only create 3 charaters per account, but one is plenty since you can only train one at a time and training occurs in real time, even if off-line. Its a skill based system where anyone can learn any skill. Takes a couple of years to learn most/all skills. Over 90% of the items are player made. People are fairly friendly. PvP is fun and engaging, but can be expensive equipment wise. Some equipment may get destroyed if your ship is destroyed. The rest will be floating in space where your ship exploded until the timer runs out or someone (anyone) picks it up. I was having some lag trouble on dial up in PvP and PvE. Mostly during prime time. Haven't played since they upgraded their hardware, but will first chance I get. Just set a new record of over 25k people in-game on the only server/shard. Thats like double the record set like 6-9 months ago. It will be interesting to see how many concurrent users they can handle in this non-instanced game. There really is a lot to choose from when learning skills. You can do research, crafting, trader, miner, hauler, and missions. Maybe more. The universe is huge, but a little lacking in color and heavenly body stuff. One solar system looks pretty much like any other. Definately has a lot to offer tho overall.DDO: Best PvE combat ever imho. Less than a month old. People were very friendly. Has a built in voice chat for groups, but it is still a bit buggy sometimes. Does its best to follow the 3.5 PnP (pen and paper) ruleset. No crafting yet. No PvP ever. Hard to solo. Dialup lag still in full groups, but has improved tremendously. Not much to do but quests, which they need more of. Free expansion due next month to current subscribers. Some Dungeon loot tables need to be rebalanced and prolly will be. Everything is instanced. Some novel ideas may make this a pretty good game eventually, but if I'm not satisfied with the game after the the free expansion I will prolly cancel.No matter what you decide, may your aim be true and don't forget to duck.Reguards,Olgamer7

Well Ive been playing WoW for about a year now. I really enjoy it. There is a bunch of stuff to keep you busy at level 60. I enjoy PvP in this game more than any other so far. Ive played daoc, ac, ac2, eq, eqII, and wow. Personally, Asherons Call 2 was my favorite game ever but hey all good things come to an end. The graphics in daoc killed me; they are horrrrrrible. Same with eq and ac. If you play WoW you are garunteed to get p'oed at blizzard for a lot of things. After every patch i spend about 2 days updating various components of my computer to make it work with the patch. Blizzard, despite its many employees, rarely answers important questions, and generally just goofs off in the off-topic forums.
http://www.ign.com/ is a nice info site, and http://www.warcraftmovies.com/ is all you need to look at to start loving WoW :P
~Adio

Edited by nitrus (see edit history)

I have been playing World of Warcraft for two years now and am basically in a top end guild. I however terminated my account once and am actually planning to do so again pretty soon.Reasons:1) Finding a group is still cumbersome if you don't have a guild of dedicated players. Player makeup is important and you need balance. Sometimes if you can't just find one class like a warrior or a healer you may end up just wasting a lot of time before you can find an instance.2) Instances (dungeons) are way too long. This game is not for the casual gamer. It says it is but seriously, when your regular instance takes 2-3 hours (with a Tom **** and Harry group) and maybe more including the time finding players and travelling to the dungeon. These are just the normal level 60 dungeons (level 60 being the level cap). However there is quite a variety of different level 60 instances.First you have the 5 man ones:Scholomance, Dire Maul, Upper blackrock spire, lower blackrock spire, blackrock depths (sub 60), stratholme (undead and living side).Taking from 45 minutes (with a super group with no hiccups) to 2-4 hours (with a bad group which is much more common). However the gear you can obtain from here is rather limited.Then there are the middle ones which require 20 people.Zul GurubAhn Qiraji 20These take around 3-5 hours with a reasonable group.The top end instances that require 40 peopleAhn Qiraji 40, Blackwing Lair and Molten Core are a whole different kettle of fishTHIS WAS THE KILLER FOR ME.First of all these instances aren't easy. They take time to learn and guilds that do these instances tend to spend like 4-6 hours on these instances every day or every other day.Getting 40 active people that don't mess up is very difficult. Sorting the drama between them is harder. Basically by requiring 40 people it's tough to just play with a close group of friends and things become really messy. One person messing up can cost the entire raid and trust me it happens.A top guild takes 3-3.5 hours to clear Molten Core, 3 hours to clear Blackwing Lair and no one has cleared Ahn Qiraji 40 yet not including the time it is to get 40 people on and to the instance. If you're lucky your guild can show up on time though most of the time u'll end up spending 6 hours or more in these instances. Most of the time remaining days are spent dying in Ahn Qiraj 40 learning the encounter.This isn't really the bad part yet. The bad part is that once you have conquered the instance, you have to do it over and over again. Over and over again. I have been doing Molten Core for 2 years and trust me killing the same boss over and over again isn't fun but I'm forced to do it for the other guild members who are less well equipped. Now with three top MUST DO instances...this leaves really little time for any life outside WoW.WoW is a great game...but if you have a life...it's just not worth it.

Here goes my take on WOW.1st off, I believe it is worth the $12-15 a month depending on how you pay. Most mmo's are in this range anyhow.I started life in mmorpg with EQ about 4 years ago and I played for about 6 months, I never got into it that much. I honestly cant say why.. i dont remember.I tried out DAOC which a friend reccomended, didnt like it.I gave up for a while Till FFXI came out. OMG this was an awesome game. Until you tried grouping with someone if you played on an off schedule (i played in the morning) I couldnt find an enlish speaking person in the game at all. Then they introduced the language translation, which imo was an awesome move. made playing with folks a heck of a lot easier. Then Xmas came and FFXI hit the market big time. I found it riddled with rude, annoying kids. Stuff that when i was a kid, my mother would have slapped me silly for. I quit FFXI after about 6-7 months and 1 expansion pack. Mind you, I loved the game, but hated the players. Motor city online came out.. (beta) Ahh that was fun but didnt last. I played City of heros for a while, but found it repetious and boring.Then 1 day, an e-mail came to me asking me if i was willing to be in the beta for WOW (i was a beta tester for COH and FFXI) I hopped right in and loved it (even after a good 20 server wipes thoughout 7 months of closed then open beta) I stopped wow after the final beta ended and gave it a rest for a while.I played the Matrix online beta, and didnt like the combat system at all. so i dumped that.Then Wow called me back about 2 months after launch. Brought a new character up to level 40 (alliance)and dumped that for the horde on stormscale, and i have been there ever since.Dont get me wrong, wow has had a LOT of shortcoming with their HP blades. (they get too hot, too easy)and resulting in server downtime, but that has decreased a LOT within the last year or so.The great thing with wow, is the customization. There are so many mods you can toss in to help your game out significantly, while not enabling you to "cheat" per say, or even for that matter have an advantage over someone who plays with the normal UI.The one downside of wow, and during beta they said that this wouldnt happen, but it has... Is End game content. If you are not in a 200man guild and raiding weekly, you will get nowhere at 60.need a key to defeat a dragon (oxnyia say for example) get ready to spend weeks trying to find groups to get everything you need to even get to her, nevermind actually defeat her.Casual gamers beware, it gets pretty lonesome at 60. I have 2 lvl 60's currently (both warriors, 1 tank 1 damage dealer) and a slew of lower levels from lvl 2 (my bank) to lvl 30 (one of my mages)Low levels rock in wow, they really do. up unitl 45ish, the game is an absolute blast, it gets downright hard after that.Please note, Im a casual gamer, I play maybe 10-12 hours a week on average, vs the people i see on there and know personally that play for 8 hours a day 6-7 days a week. So it took me a while to get to 60 (about 40 days a character of play time) thats a whole friggin month plus some.Give wow a chance, the people for the most part are nice, and if they arent, you can always turn off the barrens chat (wow'ers will know that one)I have helped 7 people get addicted to wow, now if i could only get my wife to play.. :PTake care.C