xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
extremehardware

Psp

With only a few days till the American release of the PSP (Playstation Portable for short), people all around the US are eager to get in line/get preorders for this new world in portable gaming. What do you guys think about the PSP? I definitely believe it owns the Nintendo DS in many aspects, but it is a little overpriced. But the amount of features and capabilities the PSP offers just make up for its price. Any comments?

With only a few days till the American release of the PSP (Playstation Portable for short), people all around the US are eager to get in line/get preorders for this new world in portable gaming.  What do you guys think about the PSP?  I definitely believe it owns the Nintendo DS in many aspects, but it is a little overpriced.  But the amount of features and capabilities the PSP offers just make up for its price.  Any comments?

62591[/snapback]

yeah it rocks! I have a nintendo DS and regret getting it because now i cant get a psp.. -sigh- until next chrismas.

Have you seen the screenshots of both Need For Speed Underground 2 and Goldeneye: Rogue Agent for DS? I think the DS still stands somewhat of a chance in the budget market. Especially with NFSU:2. The lighting effects were oustanding in the gameplay movie I saw down at Gamespot. Almost as good as the PSP. Plus I heard the frame rates are better than NFSU:Rivals.

hey PSP is goin to be the best :) am in the uk so i got to wait till june i think to get one unless i buy over net from US i am always reading and watchin videos about PSP and PSP games at gamespot.com need for speed looks great and also fifa and the umd movies well i say its better than reading a book on the bus :) cant wait to get hold of the PSP

PSP is s.h.i.t if you want to get a console, get the ps3. psp is not a good design as playstation is not made for gameboys, its made for real graohics and good games and playing at home. Save up for the ps3 rather than psp as your gonna regret buying this piece of s.h.i.t because it cant do nothing, its boring, ps3 is th BEST, Apparently u can upgrade the drives and s.h.i.t(not like xbox)good thing about ps3 is that the graphics are gonna be even better than the xbox 2 :) your going down bil gates, no offence, its just that your made for computing and not gaming, lol, so cary on that, make a bloody win 2004 or 2005 LOL

With only a few days till the American release of the PSP (Playstation Portable for short), people all around the US are eager to get in line/get preorders for this new world in portable gaming.  What do you guys think about the PSP?  I definitely believe it owns the Nintendo DS in many aspects, but it is a little overpriced.  But the amount of features and capabilities the PSP offers just make up for its price.  Any comments?

62591[/snapback]

I agree that it is extremely overpriced. I think they are charging $250 for it at launch, which is pretty outrageous for a handheld system. C'mon, PS2 is ~$150, and that tiny handheld thing is $250?

And I think Nintendo DS is so much better than the PSP. What has the PSP added that is new to the handheld systems? Nothing. All it is is a system that is powerful. The Nintendo DS has two screens, which is something new and exciting, and increases the game playing experience greatly.

In addition, I have to say that the UMD's are pretty stupid. Why would they put movies, such as Spider-Man 2, on UMD discs so it's playable on a PSP? It just seems like a giant waste to put it on a format that is used only in one device. I think it should have had a HDD or something to play MP3's and movies and then maybe I would have bought it.

So yeah, overall, I think that the PSP is rather pointless and the Nintedo DS kicks it's *bottom* :).