xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jake658879

Googled2b55d59e48950e8.html cant remember

I have googled2b55d59e48950e8.html on my server and i cant remember y i put it there. It is a completely blank page and i think it is for google sitemaps but i'm not sure...

You are absolutely correct. You have done that to check your site statistics in your Google Account.

GoogleBOT verifies the ownership of a site by requesting you to upload a file named googled_Some_Random_Characters.html at the root directory of your web server. And as it checks back that file from time to time to verify the site ownership ( that is whether you are still the owner of that site or not) , so do not delete that file if you want to see your Site Statistics in Google Account.

Regards,
Sid

You are absolutely correct. You have done that to check your site statistics in your Google Account.
GoogleBOT verifies the ownership of a site by requesting you to upload a file named googled_Some_Random_Characters.html at the root directory of your web server. And as it checks back that file from time to time to verify the site ownership ( that is whether you are still the owner of that site or not) , so do not delete that file if you want to see your Site Statistics in Google Account.

Regards,
Sid

Thank you, its just tht i havent dealt with google sitemaps in a long time and i couldn't remember. I havent checked my status in months lol. :o