xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
XIII

Are Background Processes / IRC Allowed For Package 1 ?

Hi, i want to ask if Hosting package 1 "the basic plan" IRC allowed?, i was wondring if i'm allowed to have BNC or EggDrop on my hosting plan, if it's allowed, how many background processes are allowed for each plan, and if it's allowed, how could i connect to it in SSH?, would i use a main IP or my domain name?, and what port?

anyway, i will not use it till i know it's allowed :o

Thanks

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

Nope. Running background processes isn't part of the plan. As it is the free servers are always overloaded. If Bots or BNCs are run on top of that, it'll deal a total death knell to them. There are certain scripts which routinely check for background processes and if found, the hosting account is terminated immediately.Where do you need a Bot BTW ? I might be able to make one sit in your room if your channel is on DALNet Servers. I've got my own shell account and 2 Bots at my disposal. One is utilized for the Xisto group Channels - the other one is lying useless.

Thank you so much m^e, i wanted it to be on undernet, so it couldn't be, anyway, thanks for the offer :oi'll not ofcourse use it, i'm respecting your rules, and i know well you need people to do that in order to make this great service go on.

Even most paid hosts don't allow these unless you purchase a dedicated server due to the amount of load they put on the CPU. It is very rare that a host will allow these. I hope m^e helps you out. He's very generous! :o

[N]F

Bot for RENT! Bot for RENT! Going real cheap guys. Bidding starts at $10,000/day :P Any takers ?