xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
qwijibow

AMD Strikes Back Against Intel anti-trust and skype.

I think the war between the two chip companies is rediculous I mean I think when were old and grey this will still be going on it's never ending there will always be AMD fans and INTEL fans me I dont care a processor is a processor I want the AMD for it's 64 powerful overclocking freatures and I want the intel for it's cool and quite features an know both intel and amd have made there version of the chip to compete with the strengths of the two companies but in a way we should be happy that this is happening if INTEL or AMD were the ONLY chipmakers of the whole word they would have control of the whole monopoly I mean think about it then they can make what ever they want when ever they want and put what ever price tag they want since they are the only suppliers at least this way the two companies are at each other's throats and we are benefiting with the faster and more powerful make of processors and chips and the competeing price trying to lure you to buy this or that product rather then their's "same feature" expensive product in a way we all should be amd AND intel fans same with ati and n'vidia but that's another argument

It seems some people have managed to trick skype into running in 10 persom mode on an AMD processor.So the claims about performace areofficially a blatant lie.James_KThis is what we as consumers want, we want AMD and Intel to compete with eachother so that us, the consumers get a bettr product.but anti-competative behaviour like this, crippleing software on opponenst hardware does not promote competition.What if a local car company built their cars in such a way that the car knew what make of tyers you were using, and if you were using a competitors tyers, the gearbox locked out 4th and 5th gear.forcing you to drive at moter-way speeds in 3rd gear.. destroying fuel efficiancy, costing you much more.when in-fact, the competitors tyres may be better products, that last longer, give greater traction and stopping distances, perhaps saving lives in emergancies...the competitor would go out of buisness, even though it had created a far superiror product.

maybe its really their decision. I mean they think that intel have meet their expectation oron the other hand maybe they have a contract of something like if they promote intel, intelwould in return promote skype. that vice versa thing though they really are doing damage toAMD but hey its the users last choice that would count. a lot of users now would be knowledgableenough to make the right decisionIts just like Oracle and Linux...Oracle made it clear that its red hat linux that would make oracleunbreakable. they could just say linux so other linux would be included but no they intentionalystated red hat. because they have a partnership with red hat

Edited by eminus (see edit history)