xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zacaroo

Super 14 Banner

2 months?!? well, oh, ok... I just can0t believe that. But ok. Let's start. It's just 2 pictures, cuted out background on them, logo in the middle, and red/black blurry background width some strokes filter applied to it.It's just, hmm, sorry but it looks to me like 10-minutes-of-work-design.

Not everyone works on something constantly for whatever the total period of work has been (e.g. a design might take a total time of 25 minutes to make, but it might take 2 weeks for the person to get it done due to other things or the first part might be done in a couple of minutes and then it has been forgotten about and resumed later on).As for you composition, I suggest you use your skills in the graphics editor to explore more styles and make things blendable. That is to say that the guy on the left shouldn't stick out like a sore thumb, but nor should he look like a needle in a hay-stack.I would aslo check your positioning of objects. Like the guy on the left, he is abut 2 or 3 pixels from the bottom edge, which makes him look like a floating body.Try smoothing and burning the edges of the objects so that they merge with the background better.There are various tutorials on this site and across the web that are based on signature design. I suggest you look at them to improve your style.

Basically what you need to do to make it better is your lighting. As you can see the light of the guy on the right is completely different to the one on the left. If your using Photoshop 7.0 or higher then try using the dodge tool to lighten area, meanwhile using the burn tool to darken areas. Its a good technique to master as it will help you in future signatures or graphic design. Another thing you could do is to make sure your background is full of depth and detail, if not it will take the viewers eyes off it. If your looking for a simple signature then it would be ideal to use no background and several basic techniques such as shapes and lines, as this creates a great effect when making simple sigs.Hope this helps,Burgin!*PS* Remeber to experiment and take your time while designing, a good sig takes imagination alon with various own styles.