xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
clownmm

DS News

The DS is supposed to get an internet browser through opera. Nintendo is also creating a TV tuner card for the DS. I really can't wait for the browser that will be cool. I think the browser is due in May for Japan and June/July for the US.

The DS is supposed to get an internet browser through opera. Nintendo is also creating a TV tuner card for the DS. I really can't wait for the browser that will be cool. I think the browser is due in May for Japan and June/July for the US.

Sheesh - when I was a kid my pals and I thought that my Game Gear was the best portable system ever because I had a color screen. *snickers* Oh, how things have changed.

Portable game systems aren't really kids' toys anymore. Sure, kids still play them, but now they're becoming so advanced and expensive that I don't think quite so many parents will gladly buy them for the 8-year-olds.

They're moving the market upwards and agewards. They target teenagers, but still provide the younger ones with games like Nintendo Dogs or whatever it is called.Opera can go swing off a branch hanging from mount everest for all I care.You just can't beat simple - Nintendo SuperNes. I remember playing Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest. Such a cool game. I might even set it up during the holidays actually.

twicth... if you are being serious about liking Mystic Quest I think you just lost all respect in my eyes... just so you know :| lolWhile web on the DS would be cool I think they are just starting to realize that while they innovated gameplay with the touch screen, they forgot to innovate other features like the PSP did with pimping out their web features and whatnot. I'd still say the PSP is the better system if you are more interested in non-gaming features due to all the homebrew stuff you can get (plus emulators w00)Regardless a web browser on DS would be nice, might open the door for more homebrew-esque possibilities

Having both a PSP and DSLite systems, I have to say, the PSP probably takes my vote over for web browser (that still doesn't make me forgive Sony for packaging a 60GB PS3 with absolutely NO memory card transfer cable - it's the least they could do). Since I really don't even use the PSP for browsing online I really doubt I'd have any interest in the DS version. One of the few things I'm looking forward to on the DS is Line Rider though. ;) I'm just not sure how a TV tuner would work on the DS, looks so small to be that powerful.

An Opera browser on the DS would be really awesome. It's great enough to have it on the Wii (wow, Nintendo likes Opera don't they, lol), but in my hands on a portable would be awesome as well! WiFi is a little annoying since it's so hard to find a good spot to hook up to it (even in my house =_=), but that'll still be awesome! How will it be available if we can't already browse anything to download it or w/e? That'll be interesting to see... or will it only be for new DS's? That would suck ... lol.