xisto Community
NewGuyinTown

Trouble Getting MySQL To Work With PHP5

I have trouble getting the mySQL to work with PHP5.
The script stops when it reaches the mySQL part.

I also got this error message when trying to install phpadmin

Cannot load mysql extension. Please check your PHP configuration. - Documentation

Any advice to get mySQL to work with PHP5?

sorry i'm awfully tire at the moment... I shouldn't really ask questions when my mind is tire... I was getting frustrated at these errors. Need to catch up on some sleep. B)

How do I fix:

Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Edited by NewGuyinTown (see edit history)

sorry i'm awfully tire at the moment... I shouldn't really ask questions when my mind is tire... I was getting frustrated at these errors. Need to catch up on some sleep. B)

How do I fix:

Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

If this is your only error, then your error-message clearly says what went wrong. See that using password: NO part ? That says you tried to access your database without using the proper MySQL root password. Hence access was denied. You solution is to pass the password along with the username while connecting to the server.

If you have any further queires - feel free to post.

NewGuyinTown i think your problem as to do with Php.ini file.
You must copy php.ini-dist to C:\Windows\
In php.ini file C:\Windows\ you must remove the ";" before "extension=php_mysql.dll"
Remember to set "extension_dir" in php.file to extension_dir = "<DRIVE>/php/ext", also copy libmysql.dll para C:\Windows\system32

Anyway here a link for better help PHP MYSQL INSTALL
good luck

What version of MySQL are you using?Do you have console access to it? Try to run mysql commandline and if you get the message 'does not support authentification...' (I think, it's been too long since I encounter these problems) then you're using the old incompatible passwords for the database, or you're using a new password but calling it by the old password.PHP 5 introduces mysqli, which is mysql improved. It's not backwards compatible with older databases, also depends on what database you're using, and whether it'd work.If you upgraded to PHP 5 and haven't upgraded the database, you should do that too, following the upgrade directions from mysql's manual.Cheers,MC