xisto Community
Jeigh1405241495

Need Help With DDV Ripping/Backup. Any Good Software?

Note - This is meant to be utilized for legal purposes only. Myself and the board assumes no responsibility for illegal usageLately I have purchased a couple large box sets of tv series on dvd and since they cost a fairly good chunk of cash, I was hoping to back them up so I could use the backups to view and keep the originals in pristine condition. I was wondering what the best software/methods are for ripping and backing up these dvds. I've heard there is some software that can do it quite well, but that was a fairly long time ago and I'm not sure if there is any software that is currently known as the 'best'.Thanks for any assistance, and again I'd like to reiterate that it's illegal in most places to copy media that you did not purchase, so don't use any information supplied here for those purposes.

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

Lots of good ripping programs are available. One i wouldn't recommend is DVDXCopy. it sticks this disclaimer at the beginning of every copy, and if you try to back up your protected dvd, it will burn it completely to your blank dvd and tell you everything's fine, but just try to play it and you'll get halfway after which it will freeze. i know this is the software and not just a bad dvd because i tried it many times with lots of different dvds. even with some i first tried to backup via that software, and also ripped it and removed protections from the original with dvd decrypter after which i also burned that to dvd, and guess what? only the pre-ripped decrypted one worked properly.Conclusion: DVDXCopy only works on your homemade dvds. recommended programs: Dvd DecrypterDvd ShrinkNero 7Plus a worthwhile addition even if you don't have those programs is dvdidle or region free, to enable you to at least play any dvd.