xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Hercco

Wordpress 2 Have you already upgraded?

I did the upgrading today... and man was it worth it. First of all the upgrading went really smoothly and I had no problem getting my theme and plugins to work with it.The new admin panel is just awesome. Writing there is like working with a text processor. I have a lot of categories and keep always adding more and it's really handy that I can add them while I write the post, not needing to save as draft and go to the categories page to add a new one and then edit the post again. Same goes for files.

I wonder... If upgrading really can be done in my place... I've completley modified wordpress 1.5 to something completley suited to my own needs... but when it comes to upgrading to new version, I think it will not be compatible... Maybe it's time for me to test it out on local computer with webserver and see how it goes, before I screwup my online version.... :D

WordPress 2 is great! I've actually never even tried 1.x, because I probably got to know about the scene a bit too late. It's really easy to edit the site and adjust it to how you like. Of course for complete overhauls you're gonna have to delve into the code, but that won't be that hard because it's nicely coded (unlike phpBB2... god dammit!). The plugins and themes are varied and usually very cool. And yes, the admin board is just spectacular (even though it takes a while to load the dashboard, but whatever). So easy to use! You can tell the program's creators were trying to "become the end-user" while building this thing, and not just thinking like programmers, and that's a great thing.

But unforunately for me, a blog is not sufficient for me, so I went with Drupal, which IMHO is the WordPress equivalent for the CMS world! Drupal has a really brilliant admin board, which really lets you customize your site however you want to, and building plugins for it is so easy!

OK, i guess am posting in ere really late. But I've too upgraded it long back. Infact, newer versions are out, and they are much better, safer, secure, enhanced, blah blah blah B) Really great. Wordpress really rocks!