xisto Community
Ally1405241517

NEC 4550a To 4551 Crossfire Also 3550 - 3551 - 4550 - 4551. I know how to.

Hi Ally I read your directon to convert NEC ND-4550A to ND-4551A,and Ihave done everything what you write in your direction,but after firstreboot when I shoud flash new firmware what I try,display me themesage that is not firmware for my drive. Whay? Before that everythingwas like in direction,,my drive is now converted to ND-4551A

Hi there!I also have 4550 drive to convert and your site works, but no downloads is possible...so, i wonder, can you send me those conversion programs and manual? Or maybe explain why i can't get files from your site...?Thanks

works. My firewall was in the way... i did all by your instructions, now my drive is 4551A. Now i bought some CD-R (TDK) and DVD+R (VERBATIM) lightscribe discs, but i can only print on DATA side of those discs, not on the label side...why? Discs are of right type, just when i insert it (label side down, of course), it reports no disc in drive. I have 1.08 firmware - supposely latest. I have Nero (latest 7 version) and when i run cover designer, make label, hit print labelflash all i get is waiting for correct DVD....Am i missing something? Any advice appreciated.on my mail also : protoncek@bonbon.net

Oh, bad. I can't burn image at all, because I never seen lightscribe media in the markets. But I burned labelflash cover few times! It's looks very good.

so, let me see if i understand you... you can burn BACK (i mean DATA side) of CD/DVD, but you didn't test burning front (=label side) of disc, since you can't get a hold of it... These terms "lightscribe" and "labelflash" are so confusing ...damn...in short, i think that Liggy was right about saying that doing this WON'T enable lightscribe at the end...damn again!!!BTW...this what works looks nice, yep. It's just if it wouldn't use good space for burning data...it's usable for shorter movies, though, when DVD is not entirely burned.

Damn!I just found out one thing...labelflash and lightscribe are two DIFFERENT tehcnologies! First one is supported by NEC, second one by others...so, i bought second tech DVD's for first one's technology... :lol: I looked and labelflash DVD's are twice as expensive as lightscribe ones... damn again! :):P:lol: